Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump supporters, reading at a 4th grade level, have a tough time with multi syllable words

OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
edited July 2016 in Tug Tavern
"Speaking to a television interviewer in London, Hawking called Trump “a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator,” a statement that many Trump supporters believed was intentionally designed to confuse them.

Moments after Hawking made the remark, Google reported a sharp increase in searches for the terms “demagogue,” “denominator,” and “Stephen Hawking.”

“For a so-called genius, this was an epic fail,” Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, said. “If Professor Hawking wants to do some damage, maybe he should try talking in English next time.”

Later in the day, Hawking attempted to clarify his remark about the presumptive Republican Presidential nominee, telling a reporter, “Trump bad man. Real bad man.”
"
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/stephen-hawking-angers-trump-supporters-with-baffling-array-of-long-words

Laughing my ass off that even Trump's campaign manager has trouble with English.

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    That is a joke article.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

OZONE said:

"Speaking to a television interviewer in London, Hawking called Trump “a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator,” a statement that many Trump supporters believed was intentionally designed to confuse them.

Moments after Hawking made the remark, Google reported a sharp increase in searches for the terms “demagogue,” “denominator,” and “Stephen Hawking.”

“For a so-called genius, this was an epic fail,” Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, said. “If Professor Hawking wants to do some damage, maybe he should try talking in English next time.”

Later in the day, Hawking attempted to clarify his remark about the presumptive Republican Presidential nominee, telling a reporter, “Trump bad man. Real bad man.”
    "
    http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/stephen-hawking-angers-trump-supporters-with-baffling-array-of-long-words

Laughing my ass off that even Trump's campaign manager has trouble with English.

Congrats. You whooshed yourself. Jesus.
    Yeah but unlike some here, I understand the concept of irony.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    Does your group know you left the sit in?

• OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510

Exemplary job writing that entirely using single syllable words, so that your brethren could understand it without having to google any of them.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    OZONE said:

Exemplary job writing that entirely using single syllable words, so that your brethren could understand it without having to google any of them.
    Vacuous and facile.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    Swaye said:

OZONE said:

Vacuous and facile.
    It's funny because I don't know what either of those words mean or how to say them. I'm voting Trump.
    Same with this guy...

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    OZONE said:

Swaye said:

OZONE said:

Vacuous and facile.
    It's funny because I don't know what either of those words mean or how to say them. I'm voting Trump.
    Same with this guy...

Helps Trump imo.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    OZONE said:

Swaye said:

OZONE said:

Vacuous and facile.
    Same with this guy...

that isn't Donald Trump
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

OZONE said:

Vacuous and facile.
    Same with this guy...

that isn't Donald Trump
    Looks like a feller from the Gore or Byrd Klans.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

OZONE said:

Vacuous and facile.
    Same with this guy...

that isn't Donald Trump
    Looks like a feller from the Gore or Byrd Klans.
    Agree.