Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I did not know that

2»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,093
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

OZONE said:

I found this part interesting:

" Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to MacDonald in a speech at Hillsdale College."

It only takes 51% to be a majority. Which means potentially up to 49% of the victims of police murders, weren't threatening the officers with potentially lethal force. That is what people are pissed about. And maybe the black lives matter folks just happen to be better organized in their anger.

I think it is stupid to make this a white or black thing. What I find interesting, is why are police so poorly trained in this nation -- that they kill people that aren't armed and aren't threatening them? I think one of the reasons, is that getting as job as a cop today, doesn't take much. A lot of dumbshits become cops.

I suggest you sign up and strap on the gear and go find out. Your lack of knowledge will soon be cured.
    Are you a cop?
    I'm suggesting that others need to take a look into what it takes to be one and what they do. Citizens police academies are offered at many departments. Just a quick look at the hiring process is enlightening. Most departments also offer ridealongs so one can actually see what a normal day (or night) is like.

Let's just say I'm from a law enforcement family.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

OZONE said:

I found this part interesting:

" Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to MacDonald in a speech at Hillsdale College."

It only takes 51% to be a majority. Which means potentially up to 49% of the victims of police murders, weren't threatening the officers with potentially lethal force. That is what people are pissed about. And maybe the black lives matter folks just happen to be better organized in their anger.

I think it is stupid to make this a white or black thing. What I find interesting, is why are police so poorly trained in this nation -- that they kill people that aren't armed and aren't threatening them? I think one of the reasons, is that getting as job as a cop today, doesn't take much. A lot of dumbshits become cops.

I suggest you sign up and strap on the gear and go find out. Your lack of knowledge will soon be cured.
    Are you a cop?
    I'm suggesting that others need to take a look into what it takes to be one and what they do. Citizens police academies are offered at many departments. Just a quick look at the hiring process is enlightening. Most departments also offer ridealongs so one can actually see what a normal day (or night) is like.

Let's just say I'm from a law enforcement family.

Dad's a security guard?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,093
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Maybe one day you guys will find out.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    When we "have the right to remain silent"?