Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Myles Jack

2»

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I read some banter about his knee on a message board that covers Pac-12 football. A couple of the guys are insiders and a couple more are connected to other sources. At least one is saying there may be some truth to this. Others disagree.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I read some banter about his knee on a message board that covers Pac-12 football. A couple of the guys are insiders and a couple more are connected to other sources. At least one is saying there may be some truth to this. Others disagree.

OK fine, big deal. What does KOMO 4 say? They'd rather be right that first1!!!11!!!11!!
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

GMs are unbelievably stupid.

Chris Polk sabotage post of the day.

This. It all sounds like Polk-type whisper campaign bullshit to me.

It's possible that stuff like this may sometimes be stray voltage, i.e., misdirection stuff intentionally leaked by GMs to conceal their true draft intentions and maybe cause a coveted player to slip a few picks (or rounds). Which is pretty ruthless, when you consider an guy like Polk who goes undrafted for no good reason but is still in the league five years later.

More often, I agree it's just plain GM stupidity. Which is why SEA will continue to be pretty good as long as CarrollSchneider is here.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TTJ said:

Doogles said:

It's possible that stuff like this may sometimes be stray voltage, i.e., misdirection stuff intentionally leaked by GMs to conceal their true draft intentions and maybe cause a coveted player to slip a few picks (or rounds). Which is pretty ruthless, when you consider an guy like Polk who goes undrafted for no good reason but is still in the league five years later.

More often, I agree it's just plain GM stupidity. Which is why SEA will continue to be pretty good as long as CarrollSchneider is here.
    But this year is especially crucial. Can't fuck this draft up. Eventually you've got to pay the man. And everybody's aware they won the super bowel by turning low to mid round draft picks into stars before their FA eligibility. Well, that was too long ago now. And 2 out of the last 3 years they've pretty much conceded the draft in a fucktarded trade. This year they finally have an average to above average amount of picks. If they hit it out of the park, we could be talking contenders for the foreseeable future. If they strike out, it'll more and more be a team with high-end stars and patchwork the other 90% of the team.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TTJ said:

Doogles said:

But this year is especially crucial. Can't fuck this draft up. Eventually you've got to pay the man. And everybody's aware they won the super bowel by turning low to mid round draft picks into stars before their FA eligibility. Well, that was too long ago now. And 2 out of the last 3 years they've pretty much conceded the draft in a fucktarded trade. This year they finally have an average to above average amount of picks. If they hit it out of the park, we could be talking contenders for the foreseeable future. If they strike out, it'll more and more be a team with high-end stars and patchwork the other 90% of the team.
    Except that one of those two years (2015) was far and away their best draft of the three.

The problem with the prior two drafts wasn't the Harvin deal, primarily, it was they just didn't really hit on anybody (yes there's still time for Marsh or Pierre Louis or Richardson or Hill to change that, but it's tick tick ticking). If they can follow up the last year's draft and rookie FA success (Lockett, Clark and Rawls each appear better than anyone else they've added since the 2012 monster class) they'll be fine. If they strike out again ala 2013 and 2014, they're going to be in trouble. Having more draft capital this year than they've had since 2012 certainly doesn't hurt their chances.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Was the banter friendly?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Finally, Jack off the big board to Jacksonville.
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #5 First Round minus #5 Second Round = $15,000,000.

Expensive banter.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dongman said:

Was the banter friendly?
    Friendly, with additional humor.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,957
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Finally, Jack off the big board to Jacksonville.

Heh...heh...heh...

He said "Jack off".

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Did Jack lick his fingers when they called his name?