Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First place bitches!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Until the ownership is changed and the organization is flipped to promote winning first, profits second ... guaranteed to be losers.

Losers lose.

Winners win.

If I believed you I would be proud. Let's just say I'm almost proud.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    If only Seattle played all their games on the road...
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

When they MOVE to OKC they will never have to play in Seattle again.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

When they MOVE to Niigata they will never have to play in Seattle again.
  • Options

But didn't Softy once say that if they moved the fence in by 10 feet, it would turn the whole franchise around?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

But didn't Softy once say that if they moved the fence in by 10 feet, it would turn the whole franchise around?
    Softy deserves @owen162
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Bump. Guess who's back in first.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Bump. Guess who's back in first.

Texas wins the division ... rather easily
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Not sure if they can score enough runs but the Mariners are doing a great job preventing them.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The thing that worries me is that they literally don't hit at all at home. It's always nice to win a game with 4 hits but that isn't sustainable. The pen is going to get stressed big time if the Benoit injury is more than 2 weeks ... Peralta is a ticking time bomb on the mound.

Their ceiling is probably 85-88 wins which will keep them in it ... but Texas will get a big boost when they get Darvish back in the next month. If their pen stabilizes at all, they have the most balanced team in the division. They also can leverage their minor league system in a way during the years that the Mariners can only hope to dream about.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I really don't think Texas is that good. Their bullpen was lights out last year, has struggled early this year, and that's the kind of thing that happens to bullpens. It's one of the most fickle things in sports. Look at M's 2014 pen compared to 2015. Strength to a weakness with the majority of the same guys.

Before the season I thought the Astros would run away with the division, but they've looked terrible so far. Only team in baseball to not have consequtive wins this season. They'll get hot at some point, there's too much talent there to stay down all year.

Angels are pretty bad outside of Trout and Richards and the A's are even worse. If the M's can figure out how the hell to hit at home they should be in the hunt all summer. They won't make the playoffs but in theory they've got as good of shot as anyone else in the West.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I really don't think Texas is that good. Their bullpen was lights out last year, has struggled early this year, and that's the kind of thing that happens to bullpens. It's one of the most fickle things in sports. Look at M's 2014 pen compared to 2015. Strength to a weakness with the majority of the same guys.

Before the season I thought the Astros would run away with the division, but they've looked terrible so far. Only team in baseball to not have consequtive wins this season. They'll get hot at some point, there's too much talent there to stay down all year.

Angels are pretty bad outside of Trout and Richards and the A's are even worse. If the M's can figure out how the hell to hit at home they should be in the hunt all summer. They won't make the playoffs but in theory they've got as good of shot as anyone else in the West.

It's the ASSHAT division. Everyone sucks.

• Options
    I see a 2-10 two week period coming up soon.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mariners world series champions 2016
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope Seattle gets a NHL/NBA arena so we can finally kill the Mariners, and Husky football if they continue to NGAF about winning big.