Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eagles trade up to #2 pick in draft.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Did the Eagles give up more than the Rams did? Much better first rounder this year. Crazy. I heard the 4th rounder the Eagles are getting back is conditional, I have no clue on what. I like the move conceptually for the Browns, but they still don't have a QB. When are they going to get one? Trade down out of 8 and get Paxton Lynch later?
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

Did the Eagles give up more than the Rams did? Much better first rounder this year. Crazy. I heard the 4th rounder the Eagles are getting back is conditional, I have no clue on what. I like the move conceptually for the Browns, but they still don't have a QB. When are they going to get one? Trade down out of 8 and get Paxton Lynch later?

Rolling the dice this year with RGIII?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    IF you aren't sold on either of the QBs in the draft then you are better off punting the pick and getting what you can for it ... and let's be honest both the Titans and Browns could use a lot of help when it comes to building out their roster depth.

I hate the trade for the Eagles if they are trading up to get a QB ... if they are getting ahead of the Chargers to make sure that they get their LT of the future then maybe I can see it.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    A lot to move up 6 spots.

Resign Sammy. Sign Chase. And now move up for Wentz. I'm no GM, but that's seems strange
  • Options

Resign Sammy. Sign Chase. And now move up for Wentz. I'm no GM, but that's seems strange

Why it makes me think that they aren't drafting a QB. It's almost a given that the Chargers are taking a LT at 3 if he's there.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Cardelle. Cook it.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Why it makes me think that they aren't drafting a QB. It's almost a given that the Chargers are taking a LT at 3 if he's there.
    It's way more to give up for an LT.

High LT picks flame out more often than QB's. Terrible trade if it's not for a QB.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It's way more to give up for an LT.

High LT picks flame out more often than QB's. Terrible trade if it's not for a QB.
    Howie just said its a QB
  • Options
    Lot to give up for a QB ... not convinced either of them will be high end NFL starters.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Lot to give up for a QB ... not convinced either of them will be high end NFL starters.

Both would be fringe first round prospects if there were real QB prospects in this draft. An air raid QB and an FCS QB?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Both would be fringe first round prospects if there were real QB prospects in this draft. An air raid QB and an FCS QB?
    Funny how the Browns...yes the Browns...see both how both QBs are terrible
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

Wentz's comp is Flacco, right? Still don't like the deal, hard to see either as better than Bradford.

I would guess that sometimes a team will make a qb pick knowing that it buys the front office 2-3 years of slack barring a Manziel style meltdown.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

The FCS argument is stupid. Romo, Big Ben, and Flacco were all small school guys too, and none of them had the success that Wentz did at NDSU. Like this bored loves to say, winners win. Wentz is a fucking winner.

Wentz >> Goff by a long way IMO, which is why I think this deal is dumb. Eagles mortgaging their future on Goff ain't the brightest plan.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

The FCS argument is stupid. Romo, Big Ben, and Flacco were all small school guys too, and none of them had the success that Wentz did at NDSU. Like this bored loves to say, winners win. Wentz is a fucking winner.

Wentz >> Goff by a long way IMO, which is why I think this deal is dumb. Eagles mortgaging their future on Goff ain't the brightest plan.
    When's the last time an FCS QB went high in the first round and sucked? Culpepper's the closest I can think of and he was fantastic for the first few years.

Flacco, McNair, Culpepper - if an FCS QB gets draft hype, he usually ends up being very good.

I think Wentz will be legit. I think Goff will be good too though, but not as good as Wentz.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

Funny how the Browns...yes the Browns...see both how both QBs are terrible
    Which makes me think they'll be the next Manning and Brady. If the Browns don't want them, they have to be good.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

Wentz didn't actually do much at NDSU.

He's the FCS version of Gino Torretta.
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

Wentz didn't actually do much at NDSU.

He's the FCS version of Gino Torretta.
    @creepycoug!!! true???