Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Goodbye to satellite camps

Thanks SEC. Thanks to to harbaugh for pushing envelope. But whats new. Just another reason to despise the SEC

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Funny thing, majority of conferences were for it. Guess SEC gets what they want. No more camps in cali for Petersen. Just dandy
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    What does this mean for those not versed in teen boi stalking?
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thanks SEC. Thanks to to harbaugh for pushing envelope. But whats new. Just another reason to despise the SEC

I find this shit funny. Most of the updated info you fucko's poast is from doogman! I'm not doogman lover, but what the fuck?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Right, because I'm sure Washington would be happy to spend money on setting these up for Petersen.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MelloDawg said:

Right, because I'm sure Washington would be happy to spend money on setting these up for Petersen.

Pretty sure UW ran 2 of these camps in CA last year.
  • Options
    Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I find this shit funny. Most of the updated info you fucko's poast is from doogmanTWATTER! I'm not doogman lover, but what the fuck?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Helps the teams with lots of local talent like USC, Bama, Miami, Georgia, etc. Buttfucks the northern tier schools.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club
    Welcome to Obama's America
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Funny thing, majority of conferences were for it. Guess SEC gets what they want. No more camps in cali for Petersen. Just dandy

If the majority of conferences are for it, then fuck off SEC. You lose.

Grow some damn balls.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

If the majority of conferences are for it, then fuck off SEC. You lose.

Grow some damn balls.
    This actually isn't true. The majority of the conferences, including the Pac12, voted for no more camps. Having 1/3 or the P12 in Cali probably had something to do with it.

This isn't a crazy big deal, it just cuts off exposure to fringe kids @UndertheRadar.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Honda will ruin any thread you mention Obama in.

That being said, I hate Harbaugh, but you gotta appreciate a coach that makes the establishment change the rules. If Petersen actually won, you could say he helped change the rule.

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I really wanted to set up a camp in Colfax or Moscow (out of respect for our great leader)
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

That being said, I hate Harbaugh, but you gotta appreciate a coach that makes the establishment change the rules. If Petersen actually won, you could say he helped change the rule.

Harbaugh didn't cheat at all. What he did (and many other schools do as well) was within the rules. You can't be serious that he took the satellite camp thing to a new level in an effort to change the rules. Beyond FS.

The right solution would be to limit schools as to the number of satellite camps a team can have in a given year, whether they are purely evaluation camps, part of spring ball or part of preseason fall ball. A total of 2 of these camps seems to me to be reasonable.

A great example of unintended consequences has to do with ASU. For more than 50 years, ASU has held a week of preseason practices at Camp Tontozona, a location much cooler than Tempe at an elevation of nearly 5,000'. It had nothing to do with recruiting, as the location is in the metropolis of Payson, AZ, population of 15,000 people.

Pretty clear this NCAA decision had nothing to do with common sense and everything to do with protecting ESPN and the SEC.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

What does this mean for those not versed in teen boi stalking?

Mostly good for the Cali schools, bad for the rest of conference and schools like Michigan and ND that host satellite camps in LA every year as a means to get in front of recruits.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

Harbaugh didn't cheat at all. What he did (and many other schools do as well) was within the rules. You can't be serious that he took the satellite camp thing to a new level in an effort to change the rules. Beyond FS.

The right solution would be to limit schools as to the number of satellite camps a team can have in a given year, whether they are purely evaluation camps, part of spring ball or part of preseason fall ball. A total of 2 of these camps seems to me to be reasonable.

A great example of unintended consequences has to do with ASU. For more than 50 years, ASU has held a week of preseason practices at Camp a, a location much cooler than Tempe at an elevation of nearly 5,000'. It had nothing to do with recruiting, as the location is in the metropolis of Payson, AZ, population of 15,000 people.

Pretty clear this NCAA decision had nothing to do with common sense and everything to do with protecting ESPN and the SEC.
    No I'm not saying he cheated, nor am I saying he was trying to change the rules. He pushed the boundaries and got the attention of the establishment, which I appreciate.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

A great example of unintended consequences has to do with ASU. For more than 50 years, ASU has held a week of preseason practices at Camp a, a location much cooler than Tempe at an elevation of nearly 5,000'. It had nothing to do with recruiting, as the location is in the metropolis of Payson, AZ, population of 15,000 people.

No I'm not saying he cheated, nor am I saying he was trying to change the rules. He pushed the boundaries and got the attention of the establishment, which I appreciate.
    Sounds like a closer to me. Wish Peterman had stones like Harbaugh instead of shriveled dates.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Sucks every cock conference wins again. This is pretty damn big for schools like WSU, OSU, Colorado, and to an extent, the UW. The LA area and Bay Area are protected for SC and UCLA.
    Brb, heard NCAA is passing through town, going to buy butthole butter and a mouth gag.