Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Early reports from Eugene

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

HuskyJW said:

Prukop is so-so at best and the world is coming to an end.

Damnit...they might actually hand off to Freeman every time like they should have been doing the last two years.

The regression to a Bellotti-esque Season will be special.
    What was last year?
    An above average Season for Bellotti.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I wouldn't jump to early. Oregon will take another step down this year, but Prukop won't be the reason. He won't even be the starter.

Terry Wilson will more than likely be the starting quarterback next year. He is showing a lot of promise in spring practice so far, and is very dangerous with his feet. To be honest, I heard he is the only guy able to score consistently on the defense. Prukop especially has been terrible from what I've heard.

This team will slip again because their defense will still be bad, and Helfrich is still the head coach. But they'll be good enough to beat Washington one last time next year. Washington hasn't come within 20 points in Eugene since 2002 as I'm sure you all are aware.

For anybody that questions how pedestrian the Oregon offense can be, please go back and watch the 2nd half of the Alamo Bowl.

Oregon's defense will be a disaster and there's very little that Brady Hoke did at Michigan that didn't make one thing that he was anything less than in over his head when it comes to major college football.

The best thing that could happen to UW this year would be for Oregon to somehow go 9-3 or something where they overachieved and somehow was able to hide that Helfrich wasn't anything less than a disaster as a head coach.

Winning/Losing to Oregon honestly hasn't mattered depending on the location because it has all been about whether UW had the players that could stay with Oregon's athletes. If you go back and look at the game last year, Oregon's offense generally speaking was pretty average save for some duck and chuck balls thrown by Adams that he got bailed out on ... such is football. UW's got the athletes to play with Oregon and I honestly don't think that the location will be the difference in the matchup. If Oregon wins, it's going to be because they are able to plug some of the sizable holes that they have. If UW wins, it's going to be because their youth has taken a step forward and they are the conference contending team that we're dooging it up over with our offseason natty.
    So... 13 in a row then???
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I wouldn't jump to early. Oregon will take another step down this year, but Prukop won't be the reason. He won't even be the starter.

Terry Wilson will more than likely be the starting quarterback next year. He is showing a lot of promise in spring practice so far, and is very dangerous with his feet. To be honest, I heard he is the only guy able to score consistently on the defense. Prukop especially has been terrible from what I've heard.

This team will slip again because their defense will still be bad, and Helfrich is still the head coach. But they'll be good enough to beat Washington one last time next year. Washington hasn't come within 20 points in Eugene since 2002 as I'm sure you all are aware.

For anybody that questions how pedestrian the Oregon offense can be, please go back and watch the 2nd half of the Alamo Bowl.

Oregon's defense will be a disaster and there's very little that Brady Hoke did at Michigan that didn't make one thing that he was anything less than in over his head when it comes to major college football.

The best thing that could happen to UW this year would be for Oregon to somehow go 9-3 or something where they overachieved and somehow was able to hide that Helfrich wasn't anything less than a disaster as a head coach.

Winning/Losing to Oregon honestly hasn't mattered depending on the location because it has all been about whether UW had the players that could stay with Oregon's athletes
    . If you go back and look at the game last year, Oregon's offense generally speaking was pretty average save for some duck and chuck balls thrown by Adams that he got bailed out on ... such is football. UW's got the athletes to play with Oregon and I honestly don't think that the location will be the difference in the matchup. If Oregon wins, it's going to be because they are able to plug some of the sizable holes that they have. If UW wins, it's going to be because their youth has taken a step forward and they are the conference contending team that we're dooging it up over with our offseason natty.
    Of course the location hasn't mattered. Until last year UW hadn't been fewer than three scores from Oregon in the last 12 years. WTF are you talking about?

Now that UW is closer to Oregon in talent, and have a much better coach, location is going to have a much bigger impact. Until last year, these games were over during pregame warm ups.
    You, and many others, clearly aren't reading between the lines of what I said.

Honestly, I don't think UW and Oregon are "close" in talent going into this year. I think UW will have better talent at a number of positions on the field.

Oregon's best player is clearly Freeman at RB ... but it's not like Gaskin's a huge step down.

Oregon probably has an edge at WR but how much of an edge is to be determined ... and it's also heavily influenced by the QB play.

Where else does Oregon hold an edge on the field? Is their OL materially better? How about any positional grouping on defense? Kicker? Punter?

Go down the line and tell me where Oregon's got an edge? Coaching?

Maybe playing in Autzen is an advantage. Didn't seem to matter to Utah last year. How about the Cougs?

A lot of people will go into the year placing Oregon towards the top of the conference because of the name ... and while I still need to go look into them in greater detail, I don't see a lot of compelling reasons for me to say that they are going to be particularly good this year and that's with competent QB play. If they aren't able to get that, then they start drifting closer to the .500 range than many probably think.

I think it's entirely realistic to think that Oregon could finish 4th in the North this year. In fact I think it's more likely to think that than to think that they will win the North.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

If you only have one quarterback that can score on that defense with Freeman in your backfield, you guys are fucked.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

What should happen: Gaskin takes advantage of Oregon having to replace every starter on the front 7, gets 25+ carries, 150+ yards and 3 scores. Defense plays like it did last year, only without getting buttfucked by VAJ's escapability. Azeem ends a Duck WR's season with the hit of the year.

What will happen: Babushka and Pete call 65% pass plays, Browning gets rattled by Autzen and throws 2-3 picks. Ross fumbles on a screen pass because Pettis and Lenius whiffed on their blocks. Defense can't get off the field because Psalm gets multiple unsportsmanlike penalties and late hits. We lose by under 7 at the end because Pete forgot what clock management is again. Jen Cohen is "proud of the effort" afterward.

Psalm "Fucking" Wooching?

Well at least his dad(s) will have some highlight reel material.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Winning/Losing to Oregon honestly hasn't mattered depending on the location because it has all been about whether UW had the players that could stay with Oregon's athletes
    . If you go back and look at the game last year, Oregon's offense generally speaking was pretty average save for some duck and chuck balls thrown by Adams that he got bailed out on ... such is football. UW's got the athletes to play with Oregon and I honestly don't think that the location will be the difference in the matchup. If Oregon wins, it's going to be because they are able to plug some of the sizable holes that they have. If UW wins, it's going to be because their youth has taken a step forward and they are the conference contending team that we're dooging it up over with our offseason natty.
    Of course the location hasn't mattered. Until last year UW hadn't been fewer than three scores from Oregon in the last 12 years. WTF are you talking about?

Now that UW is closer to Oregon in talent, and have a much better coach, location is going to have a much bigger impact. Until last year, these games were over during pregame warm ups.
    You, and many others, clearly aren't reading between the lines of what I said.

Honestly, I don't think UW and Oregon are "close" in talent going into this year. I think UW will have better talent at a number of positions on the field.

Oregon's best player is clearly Freeman at RB ... but it's not like Gaskin's a huge step down.

Oregon probably has an edge at WR but how much of an edge is to be determined ... and it's also heavily influenced by the QB play.

Where else does Oregon hold an edge on the field? Is their OL materially better? How about any positional grouping on defense? Kicker? Punter?

Go down the line and tell me where Oregon's got an edge? Coaching?

Maybe playing in Autzen is an advantage. Didn't seem to matter to Utah last year. How about the Cougs?

A lot of people will go into the year placing Oregon towards the top of the conference because of the name ... and while I still need to go look into them in greater detail, I don't see a lot of compelling reasons for me to say that they are going to be particularly good this year and that's with competent QB play. If they aren't able to get that, then they start drifting closer to the .500 range than many probably think.

I think it's entirely realistic to think that Oregon could finish 4th in the North this year. In fact I think it's more likely to think that than to think that they will win the North.
    They won't win the North, that's already a given.
    Woof said:

If you only have one quarterback that can score on that defense with Freeman in your backfield, you guys are fucked.
    Oregon isn't winning the north. But last year was a perfect example...

Oregon will beat Washington with one quarterback. Hth
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2016
    David Yost was highly respected at Missouri, virtually unnoticed in Pullman and will gracefully flame out in Eugene. The ducks will find him to be even less fun at gatherings than Chip. And that takes a real effort.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited April 2016
    Cougzz said:

David Yost was highly respected at Missouri, virtually unnoticed in Pullman and will gracefully flame out in Eugene. The ducks will find him to be even less fun at gatherings than Chip. And that takes a real effort.

Did you hear that there is no dropoff from the off-season Heisman Walk-on, Falk, to the mighty Peyton Bender?

#Breech4Leach
    #SystemQB
    #NewMexicoBowlChamps
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
  • Options
    More evidence of why Prukop won't be the starting quarterback.
  • Options

Hey Oregon

You seem bitter...
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,499
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    sorry, duckfans, the bloom is off the rose and hiring cuogar coaches wont save you.

Imagine having to live in Eugene with a shitty football team.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2016
    NEsnake12 said:

What should happen: Gaskin takes advantage of Oregon having to replace every starter on the front 7, gets 25+ carries, 150+ yards and 3 scores. Defense plays like it did last year, only without getting buttfucked by VAJ's escapability. Azeem ends a Duck WR's season with the hit of the year.

What will happen: Babushka and Pete call 65% pass plays, Browning gets rattled by Autzen and throws 2-3 picks. Ross fumbles on a screen pass because Pettis and Lenius whiffed on their blocks. Defense can't get off the field because Psalm gets multiple unsportsmanlike penalties and late hits. We lose by under 7 at the end because Pete forgot what clock management is again. Jen Cohen is "proud of the effort" afterward.

YSFR,YK.

I hate you.