Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HFP

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

It's Chest's show. He puts the mos effort in and has the right to do what he wants with his show.

I feel uneasy about it, but I enjoy podcasting with the fellas. It's an enjoyable hobby for me. The line about no upper campus to cater to made me cringe because that's pretty much what is happening.

This thread did make me think and care. I didn't know the divorce would be so public. I feel like my parents divorced and now nobody wants me.

I dont think @HeretoBeatmyChest really ever actually understood this place or most of its posters

@RoadDawg55 You're one of my favorite posters here, I would meet you behind the 7-11 on aurora for a quick scissor session

But we all know that there is zero chance that the UW athletic department lets you continue to say things like "Fuck the women's bball team. I can't wait for UConn to beat them by 50.", post a profanity laced rant after a fucktard 4th quarter loss, or troll tequila about him fucktardedly defending Smith or Peterson.

They will first put pressure on you to cut it out, if you dont comply they will put pressure on Chest to control you or he will lose his access, either you will be forced to comply under your own will or they will blackmail you with Chest's podcast destruction.
    I don't think it's about what I post. They aren't reading every post. I guess the AD aren't fans of HH.

What I find incredibly stupid about the whole situation was there was absolutely nothing for UW to be upset about in regards to the podcasts before this one where the line was drawn.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

How about we? trade Tequilla for RoadDawg and then give RD his own podcast as compensation.

Nah. Drinking Pods are the best, and Tequila's a pleasant enough slurring drunk to listen to. I suspect Roady's one of those mean, "Go Fuck Yourselves" - chin on chest drunks who'd be bashing the mic with his forehead and unintelligible after 5 shots.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

How about we? trade Tequilla for RoadDawg and then give RD his own podcast as compensation.

Nah. Drinking Pods are the best, and Tequila's a pleasant enough slurring drunk to listen to. I suspect Roady's one of those mean, "Go Fuck Yourselves" - chin on chest drunks who'd be bashing the mic with his forehead and unintelligible after 5 shots.
    pretty sure early on roadie was getting baked before doing the pood because he was all over the fucking place
  • Options
    edited April 2016

pretty sure early on roadie was getting baked before doing the pood because he was all over the fucking place
    Likely, but perhaps no more. Somewhere, Taps is being played, Roady's locker is being cleaned and disinfected, and his last eternal words before the fall are resonating throughout the troops,

I'm not worried about Gaskin getting his carries. He going to have a big year.

I want to see Petersen win a game by doing what's necessary vs what he would ideally do. It's something we haven't seen these first two years. That's where a lot of frustration about his scheme and play calling comes from.

When Connor Cook was hurt, Michigan State didn't throw the ball unless necessary and beat Ohio State on the road. Alabama gave Henry the ball 40-45 times when they needed to. There were games Stanford only threw 10-15 while Hogan (a future pro) was their QB.

I've got one foot on board, I like the general development, but I also don't forget the fuckery we have seen the past two years. The Apple Cup win doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    This is the ultimate Friday sacrifice.

I keep waiting for the April fools shit joke but not getting it.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,668
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2016
    I think you can all rest easy and realize roadie isn't going anywhere.

Roadie is a HH lifer.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

I think can rest easy and realize roadie isn't going anywhere.

Roadie is a HH lifer.

But will we ever hear or read poetry like "fuckery" while latched upon Jen's udders? Methinks not.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,978
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

It's Chest's show. He puts the mos effort in and has the right to do what he wants with his show.

I feel uneasy about it, but I enjoy podcasting with the fellas. It's an enjoyable hobby for me. The line about no upper campus to cater to made me cringe because that's pretty much what is happening.

This thread did make me think and care. I didn't know the divorce would be so public. I feel like my parents divorced and now nobody wants me.

Sorry man....Cornell and you are at least somewhat complicit in this.

I get this bored can be a bit much....the cliques, the nerd shit, the monotonous jokes etc., but it is a place for relative freedom. This bored helped launch the pod and I feel like you guys are turning your back on it. Commercial radio guys have to do this sort of thing to keep their jobs in many cases, but it's not a career for you guys unless we're missing something. The UW AD has been shit for 25 years...run by people like Babs and Todd Turner. They don't deserve much respect until they place a real man like Lude back in there.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,668
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    As long as I can be part of belly laughs in the media room....I can die in peace.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Still waiting for:

"It's sad to see how far @HeretoBeatmyChest and his crew have fallen."
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

I met James and Chest at the Tiki. They're good dudes. Good Huskies. I guess it just hurts because that podcast is what got me super into this godforsaken place. Chest would go on these hilarious spaz rants and talk mad shit about the fucktarded AD, doogs, Dawgman, and the like. He'd be all over the place and it was glorious. I was so happy that there existed people with the same opinions on the AD as I had (I thought it insane how years and years of dreck would not only be barred from criticism, but dawgman and uwdp doogs would savagely attack anyone who dare question the horrific decision making and dream of returning to greatness), I quickly became a huge fan and made a point of always replying to the HFP threads, giving feedback, and calling in a few times.

That podcast with Jude killed me a little bit. Boring. Sycophantic. Uninspired. Same minutiae we get anywhere else. I was in denial but that really was when the show died

RIP. Quite a ride. I doubt I'll be listening.

p.s. boobs pls come back d00d you are needed in the worst way

Deserves own thread
  • Options
    I'm sorry to see chest go to the dark side. I always thought he took way too much shit for the SRS stuff from Roady, while he was trying harder than the other two to be dispassionate and empirical about the state of the program. Make the best of it, Chest, but I'll miss the passion and the shit fits about having a chance to talk and bellowing "the program is on schedule!" That was raw, real, and fucking funny. I will miss that and everything else that went with being an outsider looking in. Holy Fuck! HBTMC is now part of the Establishment? Say it ain't so.