Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So What is Murray thinking?

FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
I'm really confused on what Murray is doing by hiring an agent. With the new rules, he has the complete ability to go through the process and hopefully go to pre-draft camp without hiring an agent. At least at this point I haven't seen anything which shows him as a lottery pick, which makes me think that latter 1st round(ie TW) starts to get very scary. If he goes to nba pre-draft and does well enough to get a Guarantee then I totally understand coming out, but his skinny stature and lack of a jumper certainly makes me wonder if it's worth going without the 3 year lock. I'm all for him going with a 3 year lock, but without it he very easily could be in europe at this time next year.

Do you all think he's getting advice that he's a mid teens to early 20's draft pick?

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's been all NBA from the start. He hangs with the NBA guys, plays with them... I bet his stock will only rise and he's a solid first rounder. He has a good skillset and size. Shooting is probably the easiest skill to improve, although some stay ba shooters forever.
  • Options

He's been all NBA from the start. He hangs with the NBA guys, plays with them... I bet his stock will only rise and he's a solid first rounder. He has a good skillset and size. Shooting is probably the easiest skill to improve, although some stay ba shooters forever.

I don't doubt the talent(unlike my TW dislike), however hiring an agent closes a lot of doors. It just seemed like a weird move considering.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    He'd rather take his chances than be on a Romar coached team again.

Best decision he's made all season.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He's been dead set on the NBA because people around him and his circle say that he is ... it has nothing to do with the fact that his skills are ready.

The idea that you can just pick up a shot and learn how to do it is idiotic ... go look at the transformation that Buddy Hield did between his frosh and senior years. Yes, you can improve your shot when it's broken as bad as Murray's is. But it isn't a short term project. It's a years in the making project and then learning how to take that from the practice floor to game like conditions is a complete different issue.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Murray needs to put in a ton of work if he ever wants to live up the the Jamal Crawford comps.

I hope I'm wrong, because he's actually a good kid, but I predict a short NBA career for Baby Boy. Not physically ready, and jumper is broken.

Chriss on the other hand just needs some good coaching drilled into him so he doesn't foul out every game. He's physically more ready, and right now his jump shot is better than Murray's.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Chriss is the type of kid that if he stayed in school 2-3 years he'd walk into the NBA in a position to dominate.

Problem for him is that he can't stay on the court without fouling because he can't play defense ...

If you can't play defense, you can't play in the NBA ...

I hope he enjoys the bench and the D League.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Chriss is the type of kid that if he stayed in school 2-3 years he'd walk into the NBA in a position to dominate.

Problem for him is that he can't stay on the court without fouling because he can't play defense ...

His brief basketball career makes me agree that the extra time would benefit him, but he will get better coaching in the NBA than at UW.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

He's been dead set on the NBA because people around him and his circle say that he is ... it has nothing to do with the fact that his skills are ready.

The idea that you can just pick up a shot and learn how to do it is idiotic ... go look at the transformation that Buddy Hield did between his frosh and senior years. Yes, you can improve your shot when it's broken as bad as Murray's is. But it isn't a short term project. It's a years in the making project and then learning how to take that from the practice floor to game like conditions is a complete different issue.

You are just disagreeing to disagree. I never said he was ready or that improving his shot would be a short term project.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

LOL
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Maybe NWG can come back and give him some pointers over the summer
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

His brief basketball career makes me agree that the extra time would benefit him, but he will get better coaching more hookers and blow in the NBA than at UW.
    Discuss.