Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LeBron

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
He's a clown. Alex Rodriguez of basketball. Without the steroids.

Since Nogaf about anything but Warriors-Spurs, he has to drum up interest. What better way than to have a story about his possible future super team?

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Also pains him that Curry is an Under Armour guy showing up the Nike family
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Brotherhood was a good, nay great, article. This is all much ado about nothing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Also pains him that Curry is an Under Armour guy showing up the Nike family

I'm sure he would love possibly playing second fiddle to Curry if they were both with Nike.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like you are interested
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sounds like you are interested

If it happened I would be. They would be old and get beat though.

He contributed to the article and removed the Cavs from his Twitter strictly to get people to pay attention to him. I really am surprised you can be such an avid fan of this guy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've been ignoring Lebron along with everyone else this year. I didn't even click on the bait when I saw that headline. Cleveland is either playing possum or they are dead. We'll find out when the season starts.

The straight to the NBA guys who play extra playoff games every year get old over night. Like Kobe.

I don't think Lebron has as much time left as he may think. He may already be done.

But as you should know, what an athlete does off the court or on social media means nothing to me.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

I've been ignoring Lebron along with everyone else this year. I didn't even click on the bait when I saw that headline. Cleveland is either playing possum or they are dead. We'll find out when the season starts.

The straight to the NBA guys who play extra playoff games every year get old over night. Like Kobe.

I don't think Lebron has as much time left as he may think. He may already be done.

But as you should know, what an athlete does off the court or on social media means nothing to me.

No love for Grandpa Kevin Garnett???
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2016
    There was a great article espn ran a few days ago about Curry and how Nike fucked up the contract.

He is doing for UA what Jordan did for Nike. Literally Billion dollar mistake.

I can't think of one iconic Lebron shoe, but I know as soon as I saw the Curry 1 and the price point I grabbed a pair. At the time I thought maybe it was just living in the bay that made me notice, but the whole world jumped on.

Best basketball shoe I've ever had. Light, supportive, comfortable, and grips the court incredibly well.

Nike is still Alpha by far, but UA really stepped their game up.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not worried about Gaskin getting his carries. He going to have a big year.

I want to see Petersen win a game by doing what's necessary vs what he would ideally do. It's something we haven't seen these first two years. That's where a lot of frustration about his scheme and play calling comes from.

When Connor Cook was hurt, Michigan State didn't throw the ball unless necessary and beat Ohio State on the road. Alabama gave Henry the ball 40-45 times when they needed to. There were games Stanford only threw 10-15 while Hogan (a future pro) was their QB.

I've got one foot on board, I like the general development, but I also don't forget the fuckery we have seen the past two years. The Apple Cup win doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

I want to see Petersen win a game by doing what's necessary vs what he would ideally do. It's something we haven't seen these first two years. That's where a lot of frustration about his scheme and play calling comes from.

When Connor Cook was hurt, Michigan State didn't throw the ball unless necessary and beat Ohio State on the road. Alabama gave Henry the ball 40-45 times when they needed to. There were games Stanford only threw 10-15 while Hogan (a future pro) was their QB.

I've got one foot on board, I like the general development, but I also don't forget the fuckery we have seen the past two years. The Apple Cup win doesn't cut it.

Get your shit together Grundle!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Get your shit together Grundle!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

There was a great article espn ran a few days ago about Curry and how Nike fucked up the contract.

He is doing for UA what Jordan did for Nike. Literally Billion dollar mistake.

I can't think of one iconic Lebron shoe, but I know as soon as I saw the Curry 1 and the price point I grabbed a pair. At the time I thought maybe it was just living in the bay that made me notice, but the whole world jumped on.

Best basketball shoe I've ever had. Light, supportive, comfortable, and grips the court incredibly well.

Nike is still Alpha by far, but UA really stepped their game up.

LeBron has multiple shoes that are great. Every UA shoe sucks.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I heard he was dogging it in the fourth quarter of some recent game. Every time I think, "Okay, he's an alright dude, I can tolerate the guy" he pulls some selfish bitchy or self aggrandizing move. Old school Guys like Jordan, Barkley, Worthy, Payton and dozens of others - they never did shit like this. Pippen might have, but most of them had some professionalism.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    LeBron always had one poont in his favor over all the other all time greats - outside of maybe Magic he was the best teammate of any of them. He was the guy everybody in his generation wanted to play with. Jordan was feared, Bird was respected, Kobe was hated, Bron was beloved. Not nearly as clutch as those three (probably for the same reasons he was loved), but because he was so beloved he had the ability to attract the best to play with him (and even great role players like Ray Allen/Mike Miller).

Now he's just a spoiled narcissitic asshole. The one certifiable point in his legacy's favor has gone up in smoke faster than you can say The Decision.

Combine that with his end of career collapse and he's probably not going to finish in the top 10 players of all time, which is a massive fail for probably the most naturally gifted (blackest?) basketball player of all tim.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    jesus LIPO the dude is 31 not 37
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

LBJIO
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

LBJIO
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

LBJIO
    Night?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

31 going on 35 ...

I've always said that once his athletic ability went away and he didn't have the genetic lottery giving him advantages that he'd just show himself to be just flat out elite ...

For example, I hardly expect LBJ to have the type of moments that Bird had at the tail end of his career when everybody knew that he was washed up and then all of a sudden he pulled out these moments where he was the best on the court and everybody knew it.

It's also why I've always said Bird >>> LBJ
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I heard he was dogging it in the fourth quarter of some recent game. Every time I think, "Okay, he's an alright dude, I can tolerate the guy" he pulls some selfish bitchy or self aggrandizing move. Old school Guys like Jordan, Barkley, Worthy, Payton and dozens of others - they never did shit like this. Pippen might have, but most of them had some professionalism.