Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

quook vs dook gamethread

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuck dook more.

I *heart* Duke

#FuckUNC
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Jordan bell is amazing. That dude flat out plays angry.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Participation ribbons abound

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

I don't even hate Oregon anymore. Good for them. They care, we don't. End of fucking story

Pretty much this. At some point, you're just a hater. I hope every round Oregon advances twists the knife in every Doogs belly who excuses the state of the program.

A special fuck you to the Doogs who say "well, we're a football school"

Really? We haven't won the conference outright in over 20 years. We haven't sniffed a Rose Bowl in 16. If this is us caring, maybe we should just give up.

The only common denominator in all of this is the administration that values PC kudos over winning and a fanbase that allowed them to lead without consequence.
    Isn't that pretty much what this November's election is about?

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Doogles said:

I don't even hate Oregon anymore. Good for them. They care, we don't. End of fucking story

Pretty much this. At some point, you're just a hater. I hope every round Oregon advances twists the knife in every Doogs belly who excuses the state of the program.

Really? We haven't won the conference outright in over 20 years. We haven't sniffed a Rose Bowl in 16. If this is us caring, maybe we should just give up.

The only common denominator in all of this is the administration that values PC kudos over winning and a fanbase that allowed them to lead without consequence.
    You could have written this or, if pressed for time, referred the reader to that dreck article about Romar to help them understand the culture at UW, which perfectly reflects Seattle, the city I love and hate at the same time.
  • Options
    godawgst said:

Wouldn't it be ironic with all the massive success of the ducks in football, it would be the BB Team that won a NC first?

Zero's are legit and Altman can flat coach.

I can see why Doogs could never think a mid-major coach would be a upgrade..... with Romar as coach as Jimmy Harbaugh says "who has it better than us? Nobody!!!!!"

Ironic? No. Funny? Yes.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318

dnc said:

Never thought I would see the day that a Ducks bball team is more athletic than Dook. Altman is the anti-Helfrich

UO's roster is impressive, but you do realize Duke's not known for being particularly athletic, right? We're talking the school of Laettner, Hurley, Parks, Battier, Redick, etc. They've had some athletes for sure, but they're known much more for fundamentals and assholes than athletes.
    Lot of lunch pail-carrying, gritty guys you would want to marry your daughter.
    If you don't mind them getting it in the two hole uninvited.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318

dnc said:

Never thought I would see the day that a Ducks bball team is more athletic than Dook. Altman is the anti-Helfrich

UO's roster is impressive, but you do realize Duke's not known for being particularly athletic, right? We're talking the school of Laettner, Hurley, Parks, Battier, Redick, etc. They've had some athletes for sure, but they're known much more for fundamentals and assholes than athletes.
    Lot of lunch pail-carrying, gritty guys you would want to marry your daughter.
    If you don't mind them getting it in the two hole uninvited.

Doogles said:

Isn't that pretty much what this November's election is about?

It would be if there was another side that was about something else.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Bro, Oregon won.

Arizona just lost at the only thing they are good at. Dick Rod is a joke and the football team doesn't care. Might be Colorado-bad in a season or two.

Bear down.
    Washington is now Oregon State.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Bro, Oregon won.

Arizona just lost at the only thing they are good at. Dick Rod is a joke and the football team doesn't care. Might be Colorado-bad in a season or two.

Bear down.
    Except, as Kim would hasten to add, Washington has the better academis.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Bro, Oregon won.

Bear down.
    How's your Cats doing?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Dana Altman should be the poster child for why this Romar apologist bullshit needs to stop. Do to a sexual assault scandal during last year's preseason, Oregon was down to 4 scholarship players. Now in the second full season after, they have 4 tournament victories and at the door step of a final four appearance.

Romar who "does everything the right way" hasn't sniffed the tournament's butt crack in 5 years. Apologists will say that they keep losing kids before they are can get going. Tell that to the major programs that deal with that on an annual basis. Altman also deals with that, but the only difference is, he signs graduate transfers who are already polished for a one and done season.

One coach is able to think outside the box, while the other is still stuck like it's the early 2000's. You can't win the way Romar wants to win unless you are a blue chip program which Washington is not. They need a coach that will find a niche to improve their program's chances.

That's just the player management side of things. I haven't even gotten into the differences in their X's and O's.

But maybe I shouldn't talk, because I love Romar.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Bro, Oregon won.

Bear down.
    BURN.

Washington is now a team that they beat 200-3 without trying?

You're a Wildcat. Suck my ass.