Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Rumors, whispers of Randy Bennett of SMC heading there. Would be a good hire I think.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Romar would be a great hire for them.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Rumors, whispers of Randy Bennett of SMC heading there. Would be a good hire I think.

I would consider that a good hire. Stanford hasn't scared me in a long time. I admit a few years back when SMC got in trouble I thought Bennett was done. But while he hasn't gotten over the proverbial hump, he's been successful and not just as a 14 seed in a lucky game one year. I think they got screwed this season out of not making the 68. But he's been doing it down there for 10+ years. My only worry would be his age but Dawkins is relatively young and they've kept his dreck ass around for what? 7 years? 8? For at least the last 3-4 at least I've been waiting for them to can his ass.

The whole Stanford situation over the last 10 years or so is odd. They had some pretty damn good teams under Trent Johnson...and maybe he was still just riding the wave but nonetheless he had some success and left for greener pastures at...LSU? That situation right there smelled funny. Like Bielema and Anderson leaving Wiscy for pig sooey! and the fucking beavs. Then they give Dawkins the better part of a decade to make the tournament once. And it's not even like he's a good guy like Romar and the local talent in Palo Alto hasn't even been down the last few years.