Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Murray and Criss to declare for draft (speculation)

JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited February 2016 in Payton's Place

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Chad fords latest mock draft has Chriss at 25 and Murray at 27. There is no doubt they test the waters. It would be pretty crazy to leave if they don't have a solid first round guarantee, however it wouldn't shock me to see either leave if they can get that confidence.

• Options
    BTW, I love that anyone says they are confident of anything when it comes to basketball players and the draft. Who the fuck knows what someone will do, or if they will come back if given the right draft position. Kem is a moron for acting as if he has any clue, but this is also the guy who blamed the loss @osu on freshman when 95% fell on Romar and AA.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Chad fords latest mock draft has Chriss at 25 and Murray at 27. There is no doubt they test the waters. It would be pretty crazy to leave if they don't have a solid first round guarantee, however it wouldn't shock me to see either leave if they can get that confidence.

That's borderline 2nd rd or even worse FA $$$. I'd stay if I were them.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2016

BTW, I love that anyone says they are confident of anything when it comes to basketball players and the draft. Who the fuck knows what someone will do, or if they will come back if given the right draft position. Kem is a moron for acting as if he has any clue, but this is also the guy who blamed the loss @osu on freshman when 95% fell on Romar and AA.

Wow Tough crowd. Didn't AA have like 30 pts?
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Wow Tough crowd. Didn't AA have like 30 pts?

Ft's, turn over and rotten 3 pt shot all in the last 1:48.

Winners fucking win when the season is on the line, then there is Romar and his crew. Excuses are like a-holes and most are tired of the playbook. At some point fucking winning actually matters however ugly you pull it off. Oregon state seems happy tonight, yes?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    I recall also hearing that Nate Robinson, Isaiah Thomas, and Tony Wroten were all making huge mistakes leaving early. Idiots.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    they'd be morons to declare unless gm's are grading them in a lottery slot.

A year to fix fundamentals (Free throw shooting for murray, stupid fouls by chriss) plus some added weight (murray would be punked trying to drive in the lane in the NBA at this point) could easily move them into that range though.

That being said if they get graded into lottery slots who the hell could blame them?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Kim very well could be right but only because 19%. How can he be "confident" they both return? First of all, Kent knows zero about basketball and thus has ZERO clue where they are likely to get drafted. He also has zero insight as to what either of them would need to be slotted as in order to jump. These mocks right now are slightly helpful when it comes to the obvious can't-miss talent. But they really won't start to take shape until the kids get a chance to work out for scouts/GMs. It's just like marrying a hot chick. You don't have to be particularly good looking, rich and highly desirable. All it takes is 1 to fall in love with you. And especially Chriss is the type of guy whose measurables and freakish athleticism are going to wow some teams. So how the fuck does Griswold know whoever has pick 10 isn't going to fall in love with Chriss (or Murray?)? The answer is, he doesn't. I don't see either being taken lottery this year but it wouldn't be the first time a GM has reached. So for Kim to say anything other than "it's all up in the air at this point" is a downright lie.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,112
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Kim very well could be right but only because 19%. How can he be "confident" they both return? First of all, Kent knows zero about basketball and thus has ZERO clue where they are likely to get drafted. He also has zero insight as to what either of them would need to be slotted as in order to jump. These mocks right now are slightly helpful when it comes to the obvious can't-miss talent. But they really won't start to take shape until the kids get a chance to work out for scouts/GMs. It's just like marrying a hot chick. You don't have to be particularly good looking, rich and highly desirable. All it takes is 1 to fall in love with you. And especially Chriss is the type of guy whose measurables and freakish athleticism are going to wow some teams. So how the fuck does Griswold know whoever has pick 10 isn't going to fall in love with Chriss (or Murray?)? The answer is, he doesn't. I don't see either being taken lottery this year but it wouldn't be the first time a GM has reached. So for Kim to say anything other than "it's all up in the air at this point" is a downright lie.

Dont forget, afterwards, that Kim will declare they always knew but didn't want to say anything