Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A side note about Chris Petersen

13»

Comments

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

Well....as one who works for a public college....I would imagine whomever you donated that too.....was told by someone higher up that public employees are not supposed to accept donations.

I doubt they even made it to anyone's hands.

You work for a public college, yet don't know how to use the correct form of, "to."

Now there's a ringing endorsement on the strength of our public education system.

@Jesus_H_Christ , please help this cuntry.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FawgNewsFawgNews Member Posts: 70
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

An acquaintance of mine has a young daughter who just sold Girl Scout cookies at the UW athletic department and to Chris Petersen. Last Friday, she received a nice thank you note from Petersen. It was a good gesture.

It got me to thinking how about how a year and a half ago, Dave Hoffmann and I donated 130 copies of our book Husky Hitman to the UW football team. (We were going to donate 100 copies but they asked if we could donate 130 so the coaches and some administrators could have a copy).

To this day, neither Dave nor I have heard back from anyone at the UW about the donation, including Petersen. Dave and I didn't give the books with the expectation of getting anything in return, but we were still a bit surprised by the lack of courtesy.

What I'm hearing: Coach Pete appreciated the gesture, but didn't think you were a very technically gifted writer.