Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm worried about Trump tomorrow

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I know everyone and their mother has taken turns predicting his demise but this violence at his rally's stuff is troubling. I was cool with all the other stuff. You want to dance with the KKK for a second, fine. You want to talk shit about McCains military record, alright. You want to call people names and say women are on their periods when they disagree with you, great. You want to call Mexicans rapists and build a wall, whatever. But the violence thing is actually bothering me.

I don't care who started what. I think it was Trump but I don't give a shit. I don't give a shit if it was Bernie and I wouldn't even give a shit if it was Hillary. What I give a shit about is his response and I'm starting to doubt that he can handle what he's started. I don't agree with much of what he says but I can see how it would work but he has to have control and it seems like he's losing that grip.

So my concern is that if this is bothering me perhaps it's bothering others. There is obviously a segment of the population that will just vote for him regardless but I think he needs more than them.

I am not so worried that something might happen in this election cycle, but, assuming Trump loses, how will his most ardent supporters act? Trump is speaking for a large segment of the conservative base population that feels disenfranchised and believes, at least partially rightly, that their concerns are not being heard.
    His support is almost as strong among democrats as republicans.

Trump appeals to angry white people of both parties and no party.
    The rabble in the street seems a lot more angry. The angry white voter goes back to Reagan. Lazy take
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

I know everyone and their mother has taken turns predicting his demise but this violence at his rally's stuff is troubling. I was cool with all the other stuff. You want to dance with the KKK for a second, fine. You want to talk shit about McCains military record, alright. You want to call people names and say women are on their periods when they disagree with you, great. You want to call Mexicans rapists and build a wall, whatever. But the violence thing is actually bothering me.

I don't care who started what. I think it was Trump but I don't give a shit. I don't give a shit if it was Bernie and I wouldn't even give a shit if it was Hillary. What I give a shit about is his response and I'm starting to doubt that he can handle what he's started. I don't agree with much of what he says but I can see how it would work but he has to have control and it seems like he's losing that grip.

So my concern is that if this is bothering me perhaps it's bothering others. There is obviously a segment of the population that will just vote for him regardless but I think he needs more than them.

I am not so worried that something might happen in this election cycle, but, assuming Trump loses, how will his most ardent supporters act? Trump is speaking for a large segment of the conservative base population that feels disenfranchised and believes, at least partially rightly, that their concerns are not being heard.
    His support is almost as strong among democrats as republicans.

Trump appeals to angry white people of both parties and no party.
    Good point. I was sort of thinking of conservative in the sense of not wanting America to move a way from its cultural roots, but that might not be what the democratic Trump supporters are worried about.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lol this would be like back in 2013 if a Seahawks fan went to the game at San francisco (or vice versa) and sat in the hardcore 49er fan section and started yelling and talking shit. What the fuck do you think is going to happen?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sanders preaches the same message as Trump and was against immigration before because of the effect on wages. It's not racism it's populism. Same message different solutions
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Nice deflection. Why don't you answer the question.

He obviously wasn't talking about that. That was a horrible thing that happened in Kent. He shouldn't use generalities as much. However, your issue is, you have a ton of heart but no intelligence. You assume the worse, with out using any form of analysis.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I don't have a dog in the fight - but if you come into my house and pee on the carpet, I'll probably rub your nose in it.

WTF did these 'protestors' think would happen at a Trump rally? Christ.

What did the Jews think would happen living in Germany? Always trying to be the victim smh.

Sanders preaches the same message as Trump and was against immigration before because of the effect on wages. It's not racism it's populism. Same message different solutions

Trump was on the right track with the NAFTA and WTO bashing, but blaming Mexican immigrants who are equally as victimized by those same policies was backwards and lets the true villains (Davos Man, central banks, etc.) off the hook. The anger is definitely legitimate, but in my opinion is misplaced and counter productive.

By falling into racist cliches and dogwhistle politics Trump is giving DC elites an easy stick to lash back at him with, obscuring the economic argument. Bad political process will undermine a good argument.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Trump was on the right track with the NAFTA and WTO bashing, but blaming Mexican immigrants who are equally as victimized by those same policies was backwards and lets the true villains (Davos Man, central banks, etc.) off the hook. The anger is definitely legitimate, but in my opinion is misplaced and counter productive.

By falling into racist cliches and dogwhistle politics Trump is giving DC elites an easy stick to lash back at him with, obscuring the economic argument. Bad political process will undermine a good argument.
    All negative press has never had any effect on him, except make him stronger. I am not betting against the guy until something sticks. He's Teflon.
    So it would seem.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656

I don't have a dog in the fight - but if you come into my house and pee on the carpet, I'll probably rub your nose in it.

WTF did these 'protestors' think would happen at a Trump rally? Christ.

What did the Jews think would happen living in Germany? Always trying to be the victim smh.
    Thanks, Godwin.

Fuck.
    Swaye's Wigwam

He was blaming the Mexican gubmint for sending rapists and thugs here.

He was blaming the Mexican gubmint for sending rapists and thugs here.
    Sounds like I need to learn the difference.

He must not be a big believer in economic incentives.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Trump spews racist rhetoric.

Trump events get peacefully protested.

Trump threatens protesters at events.

Trump has peaceful protesters ejected, repeatedly.

Trump events get more protesters.

Trump offers to pay legal fees for supporters that beat protesters.

Trump supporters start assaulting protesters.

Trump event get large scale protest.

Trump supporters cry about escalated response from opponents.

Aren't liberals supposed to be the pussies???

CHRIST.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I see you've only been reading headlines.