Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Millions of ordinary Americans support Donald Trump. Here's why

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,733
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Back when Obama was elected a group of firebrand Republicans saw him as a meal ticket.

They created a thing called the Tea Party. This would fire up the grassroots and make the GOP a power party with grassroots made up of roughnecks who felt colored folk were taking their jobs.

Well ... they took advantage of those folk. Played them for fools, thought they would go away.

Problem is they created a Frankenstein ... and the Frankenstein has found a voice in Donald Trump.

Nobody cares what his policy on XYZ is ... just that he is going to go kick ass.

I'm not sure he can beat Cruz one on one ... but we're about to find out.

I don't agree with your assessment. The Tea Party is still here. They're still by and large Cruz supporters who want an extreme cutback on government and a renewed focus on socially restrictive policies.

Trump's supporters are all over the spectrum politically, but for the most part are not disillusioned Tea Partiers. They're disillusioned everythings. They are the culmination of decades of a GOP (and to a lesser extent, the democrats) that hasn't come through for them; whether it be on issues of immigration, the domestic economy, or foreign policy. So they've now been drawn to the candidate who has boiled down all of that frustration into one single authoritarian message: "We will win, and I will get my way on every policy issue".

Both camps have been let down by the GOP, but for very different reasons. Zakaria sums it up pretty well in this column:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-the-gops-dishonesty-led-to-the-rise-of-donald-trump-and-ted-cruz/2016/01/28/d0bfdf8c-c5fb-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html
    Bingo.

This is why Trump sucks in closed primary states but dominates when they're open. He has just as much support outside of the GOP as he does inside of it.
    Which makes him a much bigger threat in a general election, than many people give him credit for.
    It might. The hard thing to decipher is just how much of the GOP electorate stays home/votes third party if Trump is the nominee. I don't think anybody really knows. There's a real possibility that a very large chunk just sits it out or votes Romney/whoever.

The best thing for Trump would be Sanders winning the nomination, because the GOP would have to vote for him then. If it's Hillary I think a lot of people stay home.
    Most Trump v. Sanders polls have Feel the Bern winning
    If it happens and Sanders gets his ass handed to him, will you admit those who believed like you were dumbfucks?
    If it happens and Trump gets dumpstered by the Bern, will you finally kill yourself?
    Yes
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,304
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Back when Obama was elected a group of firebrand Republicans saw him as a meal ticket.

They created a thing called the Tea Party. This would fire up the grassroots and make the GOP a power party with grassroots made up of roughnecks who felt colored folk were taking their jobs.

Well ... they took advantage of those folk. Played them for fools, thought they would go away.

Problem is they created a Frankenstein ... and the Frankenstein has found a voice in Donald Trump.

Nobody cares what his policy on XYZ is ... just that he is going to go kick ass.

I don't agree with your assessment. The Tea Party is still here. They're still by and large Cruz supporters who want an extreme cutback on government and a renewed focus on socially restrictive policies.

Trump's supporters are all over the spectrum politically, but for the most part are not disillusioned Tea Partiers. They're disillusioned everythings. They are the culmination of decades of a GOP (and to a lesser extent, the democrats) that hasn't come through for them; whether it be on issues of immigration, the domestic economy, or foreign policy. So they've now been drawn to the candidate who has boiled down all of that frustration into one single authoritarian message: "We will win, and I will get my way on every policy issue".

Both camps have been let down by the GOP, but for very different reasons. Zakaria sums it up pretty well in this column:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-the-gops-dishonesty-led-to-the-rise-of-donald-trump-and-ted-cruz/2016/01/28/d0bfdf8c-c5fb-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html
    Bingo.

This is why Trump sucks in closed primary states but dominates when they're open. He has just as much support outside of the GOP as he does inside of it.
    Which makes him a much bigger threat in a general election, than many people give him credit for.
    It might. The hard thing to decipher is just how much of the GOP electorate stays home/votes third party if Trump is the nominee. I don't think anybody really knows. There's a real possibility that a very large chunk just sits it out or votes Romney/whoever.

The best thing for Trump would be Sanders winning the nomination, because the GOP would have to vote for him then. If it's Hillary I think a lot of people stay home.
    If it happens and Sanders gets his ass handed to him, will you admit those who believed like you were dumbfucks?
    If it happens and Trump gets dumpstered by the Bern, will you finally kill yourself?
    No, but I'll look forward to seeing people like you suffer even more.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,584
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's funny how Bernie supporters cling to the idea that the rich will be able to afford all the "free" shit they're getting. They're voting everyone off the cliff and they don't even realize it. And the government cronies will still get rich. LOL.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Bingo.

The rich have suffered enough.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Oh yes 1000 years from now the history books will all say how America was brought down by frivolous law suits and Kim Kardashian. You sound like an idiot.

Not too far off from the Rome story.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

dnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Bingo.

People like me aren't suffering.

But you sound mad, which makes me think you definitely are.

Maybe try not being such a fucking loser.

Or take my advice and end the suffering before your guns get taken away.
  • Options

If the US elects that fucking communist I will skydive from an airplane and impale myself on the tip of the space needle.

Good riddance, whoever you are.
  • Options

Jimbo, is that you?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

It's funny how Bernie supporters cling to the idea that the rich will be able to afford all the "free" shit they're getting. They're voting everyone off the cliff and they don't even realize it. And the government cronies will still get rich. LOL.

How are they going to get rich with all those taxes?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I hear having free health care and a degree practically pays the bills for you!
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Deflecting.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Deflecting.
    Huh? I think you're missing the point here. The middle class and the poor will pay for their health care through taxes as well. If you think the taxes proposed by Bernie will cover it, then you're fucking stupid.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Deflecting.
    Huh? I think you're missing the point here. The middle class and the poor will pay for their health care through taxes as well. If you think the taxes proposed by Bernie will cover it proposed taxes and free shit from Bernie actually happens, then you're fucking stupid.
    Crisped
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But you'll still vote for it.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Deflecting.
    Huh? I think you're missing the point here. The middle class and the poor will pay for their health care through taxes as well. If you think the taxes proposed by Bernie will cover it, then you're fucking stupid.
    The middle class already pays for health insurance. So your point is poor people will have to pay taxes, a republicans wet dream, and that will cause the country to go off a cliff. You sound like a democrat.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Deflecting.
    The middle class already pays for health insurance. So your point is poor people will have to pay taxes, a republicans wet dream, and that will cause the country to go off a cliff. You sound like a democrat.
    Now who's deflecting?
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Deflecting.
    Now who's deflecting?
    You.