Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bernie destroys Hillary in Florida debate

allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Even broke out a Top Gun reference. That's right Ice Man, I am dangerous.

He's got no shot in Florida after that Castro answer but he smacked her around a little a bit. Which I thought was offensive this close to International Women's Day but definitely needed.

Comments

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Either way she still gets some of his income.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

His retirement is fucked.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I've been a big fan of Bernie the man through all of this (I just don't agree with his politics). I was pretty disappointed with his unwillingness to condemn Castro. Almost as bad as Trump playing dumb over David Duke.

I agree he schooled Hillary otherwise though.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

I've been a big fan of Bernie the man through all of this (I just don't agree with his politics). I was pretty disappointed with his unwillingness to condemn Castro. Almost as bad as Trump playing dumb over David Duke.

Sanders has a ton of admirable personal qualities. And I believe he is basically honest, which is no small thing and completely the anithesis of Clinton (and the GOP candidates as well).

And on the issues related to personal freedoms and rights, I tend to agree with him at least 81% of the time.

The rest...no thanks.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Sanders has a ton of admirable personal qualities. And I believe he is basically honest, which is no small thing and completely the anithesis of Clinton (and the GOP candidates as well).

And on the issues related to personal freedoms and rights, I tend to agree with him at least 81% of the time.

The rest...no thanks.
    As a person, Bernie is the only admirable candidate in the entire race. I just wish he didn't have to couple that with his extreme leftism and nonsensical promises.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,543
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    His answer on immigration in 2007 is a better one than the pandering he did last night
  • Options
    dnc said:

Despite the strong performance last night Bernie has consistently been under prepared for debates. The fact that they didn't see a Castro question coming and he wasn't ready to condemn him is really bad. It's hard to imagine he thinks Castro was some great leader, I think he just got caught up in a question he wasn't ready for.
  • Options

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

The rest...no thanks.
    As a person, Bernie is the only admirable candidate in the entire race. I just wish he didn't have to couple that with his extreme leftism and nonsensical promises.
    Just to be clear "nonsensical promises" in this context are "things the majority of Americans support".
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2016

It's hard to imagine he thinks Castro was some great leader, I think he just got caught up in a question he wasn't ready for.

“In 1959 […] everybody was totally convinced that Castro was the worst guy in the world and all of the Cuban people were going to rise up in rebellion against Fidel Castro,” said Sanders. “They forgot that he educated their kids, gave their kids healthcare, totally transformed the society.”
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

The rest...no thanks.
    It may not take much more than that. The pieces of shit he's up against have no redeeming qualities at all.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Watched the GOP debate tonight against my better judgment, and all I can say is wow, just wow. If Rubio and Kasich aren't going to condemn Trump for encouraging violence at his rallies then they've really lost the plot.
  • Options
    OctavianOctavian Member Posts: 71
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Watched the GOP debate tonight against my better judgment, and all I can say is wow, just wow. If Rubio and Kasich aren't going to condemn Trump for encouraging violence at his rallies then they've really lost the plot.

Why he's leading though is because they're wrong on nearly everything else, though Kasich at least strikes a sane chord once in a blue moon.