Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tina Fey Calls Out ‘Hollywood Bullshit'

12346»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

You link nothing then complain that anything anyone else links is BS so whats the point? You'd link stuff by the guys paid to show the problem exists. When other scientists who aren't being paid peer review the data and say call them out you ignore it. That's how the science community works, peer review. Maybe you need to tell them they're doing it all wrong.

Sounds like you agree with All Gore's profit motive.

You want a link with facts and evidence.... Here you go.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

Do you want to listen to journalists and book writers? Or people paid to study the topic for a living?
    I agree with you on this Honda about climate change. I think that there is a human element that is speeding up the natural occurrence of it. However, I think you've also acknowledged that America has come a long way in reducing their impact, and in many ways is leading the world in this effect. But if other countries like China and India don't come on board, we're really not helping the overall problem. This needs to be a global effort, and when a few countries get involved, it creates economic imbalance, and enables those advantaged countries (who are creating most of the problem), to continue their over production of green house gases.

I think further restrictions within our own border will cause a greater proportion of economic difficulties than the desired effect on climate change, when others don't participate. If these other countries voluntarily or by force (sanctions) come on board, then I'd be for further steps to help the issue.
    I'm kinda with you on what America does. In that yes, India, China and other countries need to be on board. That doesn't mean we shouldn't continue down the path we are on for reduced emissions. We have plans and regulations for vehicles and such to me implemented years down the road.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

You link nothing then complain that anything anyone else links is BS so whats the point? You'd link stuff by the guys paid to show the problem exists. When other scientists who aren't being paid peer review the data and say call them out you ignore it. That's how the science community works, peer review. Maybe you need to tell them they're doing it all wrong.

Do you want to listen to journalists and book writers? Or people paid to study the topic for a living?
    I agree with you on this Honda about climate change. I think that there is a human element that is speeding up the natural occurrence of it. However, I think you've also acknowledged that America has come a long way in reducing their impact, and in many ways is leading the world in this effect. But if other countries like China and India don't come on board, we're really not helping the overall problem. This needs to be a global effort, and when a few countries get involved, it creates economic imbalance, and enables those advantaged countries (who are creating most of the problem), to continue their over production of green house gases.

I think further restrictions within our own border will cause a greater proportion of economic difficulties than the desired effect on climate change, when others don't participate. If these other countries voluntarily or by force (sanctions) come on board, then I'd be for further steps to help the issue.
    I'm kinda with you on what America does. In that yes, India, China and other countries need to be on board. That doesn't mean we shouldn't continue down the path we are on for reduced emissions. We have plans and regulations for vehicles and such to me implemented years down the road.
    Vehicles, I get it. But this whole thing on carbon emissions bothers me. I understand that we need some regulation on industrial greenhouse production. But not to an extent that leaves us in a huge economic disadvantage compared to other countries that don't play by the same rules.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It's much easier to sit back and deny, deny, deny, than to prove a scientific theory. Yet the deniers pretend they're equivalent. So some climate scientists got ahead of themselves and over-stated their cases. It's not right, but that shit happens, and it got corrected. But, because some scientists fudged does not, ipso facto, invalidate the entire field or theory, especially with mounds of supportive data and research. Yet, confirmation bias enters the picture and people then extract from one example to conclude it's a complete fraud. Not exactly empirical or scientific, yet politically extremely effective. Obviously.

You are going to need to tell me what ipso facto means before I know if I should upvote or downvote your post.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Yeah Al owned a big chunk of the company that would trade all the carbon credits. Imagine that....

Wiki don't count.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Yeah Al owned a big chunk of the company that would trade all the carbon credits. Imagine that....

Wiki don't count.
    Wiki don't count? Cause you prefer to listen to people profiting off of denying global climate change, rather than read facts. Then blast Al Gore for profiting and linking to people who are profiting.

Got it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,534
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When the next mini ice age shows up we will all hope we can warm it up
  • Options

When the next mini ice age shows up we will all hope we can warm it up so my balls can drop.

Crisped
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,534
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Your balls will never drop because you don't have any
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

When the next mini ice age shows up we will all hope we can warm it up

When the next ice age shows up this thread will still be here, polluting the board.
  • Options

Your balls will never drop because you don't have any

Feel the Bern.