Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

[spoilers?] HBO releases Game of Thrones season six promotional poster

13»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Books jumped the shark, show seems to be getting ready to jump

will still be watching for sweet Mellisandre tits

huh?
    A Feast for Crows and a Dance with Dragons SUCKED. badly.

and he will never finish the 6th one

first 3 books are the GOAT though

The story grew in scope.

This is the problem. It grew way to fucking large in scope, and Martin couldn't reel it back in. Endless pages wasted on characters no one cares about. Brienne wandering around aimlessly for 300 pages looking for a highborn girl with auburn hair is hours of my life ill never get back.

He needed a good editor to tell him to cut the BS and move the plot forward. It's all moot though, because he's lost interest in even writing them. First 3 books in 5 years, next 2 (which are really just one, convoluted, cluster fuck of a book) took 15.

Dont even get me started on ADwD...Young Griff, are you fucking kidding me? Quentin Martell? Dany spending too much time in fucking Mereen....get on with it George.

I forgive the man though, because A Storm of Swords is the best book I've ever read.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Books jumped the shark, show seems to be getting ready to jump

will still be watching for sweet Mellisandre tits

huh?
    A Feast for Crows and a Dance with Dragons SUCKED. badly.

and he will never finish the 6th one

first 3 books are the GOAT though

The story grew in scope.

This is the problem. It grew way to fucking large in scope, and Martin couldn't reel it back in. Endless pages wasted on characters no one cares about. Brienne wandering around aimlessly for 300 pages looking for a highborn girl with auburn hair is hours of my life ill never get back.

He needed a good editor to tell him to cut the BS and move the plot forward. It's all moot though, because he's lost interest in even writing them. First 3 books in 5 years, next 2 (which are really just one, convoluted, cluster fuck of a book) took 15.

Dont even get me started on ADwD...Young Griff, are you fucking kidding me? Quentin Martell? Dany spending too much time in fucking Mereen....get on with it George.

I forgive the man though, because A Storm of Swords is the best book I've ever read.

Until it wraps up, I won't judge the long boring stretches. Some of those details end up mattering.

First time I read the books, I totally missed the importance of Ned's flashbacks. Seemed like filler at the time, just trying to show us how fucked up he was. And Bran's vision shit with the raven was boring too. But now we know it was all going somewhere.

So until it turns out that those pages didn't matter, I'll assume they are setting something up or somehow meaningful.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Agree that ASoS is probably the best book ever written.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    JON SNOW LIVES, EVEN IF HE DOESNT. #TEAMSNOW
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can you guys settle this via PM?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm just amazed that internet tuff guys like @PostGameOrangeSlices and @ThomasFremont can put aside their masculinity and hash out the finer intricacies of GoT.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Book 4 sucked. Book 5 was ok. Book 3 GOAT.

I need more Aria in my life. To me, that is the most exciting storyline I want to see develop.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Martin originally intended for the series to skip forward in time. For whatever reason he decided against the skip, which became AFFC/ADWD to explain the gap. Of course these two began as a single novel but grew so much that he had to split them into two separate books.

I think the story is now close to where he wanted to skip to, which means he has a clearer picture of how he wants the story to progress until the end of the series. He got caught trying to explain too many details than he originally intended, which is why parts 4-5 are so scattered and seem to go nowhere at times.

Point being, GRRM may be related to Tequilla.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Dardanus said:

Martin originally intended for the series to skip forward in time. For whatever reason he decided against the skip, which became AFFC/ADWD to explain the gap. Of course these two began as a single novel but grew so much that he had to split them into two separate books.

I think the story is now close to where he wanted to skip to, which means he has a clearer picture of how he wants the story to progress until the end of the series. He got caught trying to explain too many details than he originally intended, which is why parts 4-5 are so scattered and seem to go nowhere at times.

This.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Dardanus said:

What's the doog term for a super GRRM fanboy? Mootin? Game of Throoones? lol
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    A few months ago Martin announced the next book wouldn't be released before the next season was out on HBO.

My guess is it will be released in late fall early winter from the things he said in that announcement. Either way, that fat fuck needs to write faster because he's a cheeseburger away from a heart attack.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

A few months ago Martin announced the next book wouldn't be released before the next season was out on HBO.

My guess is it will be released in late fall early winter from the things he said in that announcement. Either way, that fat fuck needs to write faster because he's a cheeseburger away from a heart attack.

He must have heard you, because he announced yesterday that he is not writing anything else until TWOW is finished. No side projects, short stories, screenplays, etc. Link, buttfucker
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2016
    If you're a house junkie like me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyYelYTVMCI

put bass on high

randyjizz.jpg
  • Options