Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roger Stone: Big Donors to Spend up to $145M to Stop Trump

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Stone is a longtime GOP operative back to Nixon days who supports Trump.

A few weeks ago he reported that Romney would be an option if Rubio doesn't win Florida. The way it would work is Romney would come in and get on the ballot in some states like California then be a candidate during the brokered convention. He said it would be reported publicly that $25M would be used in Florida against Trump although it was really $75M. I think we heard $20M??

Now he's saying donors will spend up to $145M nationwide and that could include Jeb Bush's $30M.

He also mentioned that a Florida poll he trusts shows Trump's lead is down to 7%. Florida and Ohio will be really telling. Kasich and Rubio seem really confident they will win their home states. This plan seems to be slowing Trump down. Cruz isn't going to perform well in the remaining big states like NY, CA, PA, MI, Ohio. It seems that the establishment will either push Rubio or Romney to prevent Trump from winning those big states.

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If Trump wins Florida and Kasich wins Ohio, it will be tough for Trump to lose.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Wasn't Roger the guy that fell out with Trump after working for his campaign? I would consider their personal animosity when listening to anything he has to say.
  • Options

Wasn't Roger the guy that fell out with Trump after working for his campaign? I would consider their personal animosity when listening to anything he has to say.

Yeah thats true but I think they parted amicably. He strongly supports Trump and Trump tweeted a few positive things about him after they parted.
  • Options
    Hitting Trump on Trump U is going to bring him down.

There are 5000 people in the lawsuit and the claims and promises Trump made were completely bogus.

I watched a few of these ads. They are going to be very effective.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,551
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Another glowing endorsement.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Trump is about to fact the absolute largest assault on a primary candidate in the history of primaries.

It will make Clinton's bimbo explosion look like child's play.

If he can withstand it he is our next President.

Doubtful he can, he is a very flawed candidate. His recent flip flopping hurts him.

Trump U will be his death toll.

The GOP created a Frankenstein with the Tea Party, they are pretty done at the national level for a while ... I would imagine.

I can't vote for anyone outside of Trump or Kasich.

Cruz is a slime ball, Rubio is an empty suit. I will vote Hillary or write in.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2016
    Bigger concern...

$145 million dollars being spent to stop Trump. How many favors would the anointed nominee other than Trump or Cruz have to honor?

Hillary is backed by some of the scummiest, corrupt businessmen in American history, but any Republican candidate other than Trump or Cruz, may have worse. It's crazy saying this, considering how much I hate Hillary and think she might be the most incompetent candidate ever to run for President.

If this indeed happens, I most certainly won't vote for Hillary, but I'll also not vote for the paid stooge the establishment brings forth. I think I'll either vote for a decent third party, or if one isn't available I'm going to go with Deez Nuts as a solid write in.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    It is fucktarded to think this faux Trump University scandal does anything but help Donald Trump.

This is like watching Trump fishing Wicked Tuna off his yacht. He's hooking them now and gonna reel them all in at once... throw 'em in the boat and move on.

I love this story.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/controversy-surrounding-trump-university/story?id=37374821
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

It is fucktarded to think this faux Trump University scandal does anything but help Donald Trump.

This is like watching Trump fishing Wicked Tuna off his yacht. He's hooking them now and gonna reel them all in at once... throw 'em in the boat and move on.

I love this story.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/controversy-surrounding-trump-university/story?id=37374821

Anyone stupid enough to enroll in Trump University and expect to come out an expert deserves to be out the money they lost.

The reality is it will be painted as some big bait and switch and it will cause on the fence voters to move to Lying Ted Cruz.

It looks bad. Of course you are a fucktard if you signed up for it ... plan and simple. But politics is about the illusion.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Who is the bigger fucktard?

Somebody who came from Central with a 'double degree' in something with no jobs saddled with $50-100, 000 in student loan debt?

or

Somebody with an admiration for Trumps success who was willing to pay $1,000 to learn a pathway to invest in and turn Real Estate back in 2004. Maybe this guy suing Trump is just a lazy fucktard?

I would love to see the balance sheets of those students at Trump University who followed his advice investing in and trading in Real Estate since 2004.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Who is the bigger fucktard?

Somebody who came from Central with a 'double degree' in something with no jobs saddled with $50-100, 000 in student loan debt?

or

Somebody with an admiration for Trumps success who was willing to pay $1,000 to learn a pathway to invest in and turn Real Estate back in 2004. Maybe this guy suing Trump is just a lazy fucktard?

I would love to see the balance sheets of those students at Trump University who followed his advice investing in and trading in Real Estate since 2004.

I, too, would be interested in hearing about the success stories from Trump University
  • Options
    The people were idiots expecting something life changing but Trump was an idiot to lend his name to something, promise he'd hand pick instructors and then not deliver anything promised.

This is what happened in his other business flops. He lent his name and the people directly involved were basically trying to scam people off the Trump name.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Did any of you Trump fans buy his Trump steaks?

Did they sell those at El Goucho or The Met?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

The Acropolis
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

OZONE said:

The Acropolis
    Damone tested.

Damone approved.