Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

That dude McClendon who was instrumental in the Sonic/Starbucks deal may have off'd himself

ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-chesapeake-enrgy-mcclendon-idUSKCN0W42ME

Unusual circumstances of death timing arouse curiousity. Obviously suicide would be a speculation.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    He might have lost his fortune in the oil/fracking reversals. That, in addition to being charged legally probably drove him over the edge. No more basketball for you.
    I read another article that said it was a single car crashing into a wall at a very high rate of speed. Yeah, he died in a fire.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    Clay Bennett is on the clock. Do the right thing.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I read another article that said it was a single car crashing into a wall at a very high rate of speed. Yeah, he died in a fire.

You hate to speculate on this kind of stuff ... but way too circumstantial to be an accident IMO
    Tequilla said:

You hate to speculate on this kind of stuff ... but way too circumstantial to be an accident IMO
    I feel sorry for the guy. He is probably more or less a decent but caught up in his circumstances. Of course that was instrumental in the sonics deal puts a damper on him. So there is a bit of satisfaction that he got what was coming to him.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Why don't you just come out and say you think he was murdered?
    2001400ex said:

You aren't very good at this ...

This is 99%+ a suicide

Tequilla said:

I feel sorry for the guy. He is probably more or less a decent but caught up in his circumstances. Of course that was instrumental in the Sonics deal puts a damper on him. So there is a bit of satisfaction that he got what was coming to him.
    Unfortunately, having lived in that area and knowing how much people there care about status and perception, this news doesn't really shock me when thinking about it for a bit.

For both Bennett and McClendon, getting the Sonics to OKC was as much about the status that they'd have in their community as it was getting a basketball team. The whole "I'm a man possessed" shit by McClendon was laughable to me at the time because I've seen so much of that shit of rich fucktards doing shit so that those in their community think that they are some kind of great guy.

McClendon and Chesapeake Energy have been in trouble for a while dating almost immediately back to when the Sonics moved there ... the market dropping in the 2008-2009 time period wiped out a lot of McClendon's net worth and if the City of Seattle would have held on and strung out the process the financials of the OKC boys would have been severely threatened and it's very possible the deal would have fallen through.

The oil boom helped right Chesapeake (along with what appears to be some very dishonest business practices) reloading Aubrey's bank account ... but the recent downturn in oil prices is very real for many in the Texas/Oklahoma region combined with his indictment yesterday which I'm guessing he knew with 100% certainty that he got caught red handed.

I've seen/heard enough stories of rich fucks down there that have been shamed when their actions have been uncovered that they can't live with the shame. I'm 81% sure he knew he was going to jail and that his name/family was going to get dragged through the mud. He probably figured that his ownership in the Thunder was going to be stripped away. Basically he was going to be left with nothing but a soiled name. For people that spend their lives worried about what others have to say about them, that's a breaking point.

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Whoo class="Quote" rel="2001400ex">Why don't you just come out and say you think he was murdered?

This is 99%+ a suicide
    Tequilla said:

2001400ex said:

This is 99%+ a suicide
    Betting you missed the joke
  • yobatesyobates Member Posts: 90
    Somebody needs to go to the beach and ask fat sam and gummy to see if fletch is still around
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,551 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I feel sorry for the guy. He is probably more or less a decent but caught up in his circumstances. Of course that was instrumental in the sonics deal puts a damper on him. So there is a bit of satisfaction that he got what was coming to him.
    Disagree

My .02: He's a typical .1 percent prick. I doubt he's a decent guy. I've read a few things about him. His company also lost something like 90% of its value and needed a bailout or some sort of government intervention IIRC (I don't feel like searching it right now).

That said...he helped manipulate entities to move a basketball team. He didn't kill or physically harm anyone. It's not real honest or honorable, but the whole "That's kharma, bitch" reply is retarded. The guy died a gruesome death.

Tequilla said:

The guy died a gruesome death.
    Likely by his own choosing
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

Tequilla said:

Disagree

My .02: He's a typical .1 percent prick. I doubt he's a decent guy. I've read a few things about him. His company also lost something like 90% of its value and needed a bailout or some sort of government intervention IIRC (I don't feel like searching it right now).

That said...he helped manipulate entities to move a basketball team. He didn't kill or physically harm anyone. It's not real honest or honorable, but the whole "That's kharma, bitch" reply is retarded. The guy died a gruesome death.
    Classy Poast. So long as Clay Bennett suffers unmercifully for eternity, I am cool with this.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,640 Founders Club
    edited March 2016
    The coffee guy lost the Sonics. Bid rigging is almost a requirement in the oil bidness. Ever watch Dallas?
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,306
    Schultz is the villian, everyone from OKC was just doing what they could to be a bball city
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,612 Standard Supporter
    *may have sold his own couch
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Schultz is the villian, everyone from OKC was just doing what they could to be a bball city

"Yes, I absolutely cut his arm off. But he cut my leg off first."