Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So you want a social liberal and a fiscal conservative

topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
“If you're in the business of selling things, if you're not going to sell to somebody you don't agree with, OK, today I'm not going to sell to somebody who's gay, and tomorrow maybe I won't sell to somebody who's divorced.

“I mean, if you're in the business of commerce, conduct commerce. That's my view. And if you don't agree with their lifestyle, say a prayer for them when they leave and hope they change their behavior."

"I took the state of Ohio from an $8 billion hole … to a $2 billion surplus."

It’s possible to argue over whether the initial amount should be $6 billion rather than $8 billion. But Kasich didn’t pull that figure out of thin air, and it certainly was high by historical standards. He also used the term "hole," which is more appropriate than "deficit" would have been. Meanwhile, the $2 billion figure seems solid. Still, it’s worth noting that Kasich spoke a little grandly when he said that "I" did it, since the state’s fiscal improvement got a big assist from the national economic recovery.

The statement is accurate but needs additional information, so we rate it Mostly True.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Trump's VP.

Sizzle and substance in 2016.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Had Romney not flopped in the general election, I think Kasich would be doing extremely well. But the GOP electorate doesn't want another moderate governor this year.

Trump turned the GOP cycle into a chest pounding contest, which doesn't fly for any of the passive guys like Kasich. Also ISIS and Putin made fear mongering a big selling point of the Trump/Cruz/Rubio crowd, and Kasich was never trying to rally up fear but just instead laid out his plan for dealing with that calmly. Also why he got left in the dust.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

Had Romney not flopped in the general election, I think Kasich would be doing extremely well. But the GOP electorate doesn't want another moderate governor this year.

Trump turned the GOP cycle into a chest pounding contest, which doesn't fly for any of the passive guys like Kasich. Also ISIS and Putin made fear mongering a big selling point of the Trump/Cruz/Rubio crowd, and Kasich was never trying to rally up fear but just instead laid out his plan for dealing with that calmly. Also why he got left in the dust.

Every day I hear people say ...

I want a social liberal and fiscal conservative.

Here is, with verified sound bites and a liberal watchdog group saying his fiscal standing is mostly true.

So here he is.

Vote for him ... or shut the fuck up about your want for a social liberal and a fiscal conservative.

This is a guy who liberals and conservatives can both feel good about voting for.

And he's the only fucking adult in the room.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    topdawgnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Here is, with verified sound bites and a liberal watchdog group saying his fiscal standing is mostly true.

So here he is.

Vote for him ... or shut the fuck up about your want for a social liberal and a fiscal conservative.

This is a guy who liberals and conservatives can both feel good about voting for.

I think you are explaining the whole issue with the Republican nomination process, aided by fox news and other conservative media. What makes news is shocking statements and vitriol. (Liberal media isn't any better). But the Republican base gets off on that shit and whoever says the craziest stuff gets the most pub and the nomination.

Kasich is by far the best candidate in terms of policy. But a terrible candidate in terms of marketing himself.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

So here he is.

I think you are explaining the whole issue with the Republican nomination process, aided by fox news and other conservative media. What makes news is shocking statements and vitriol. (Liberal media isn't any better). But the Republican base gets off on that shit and whoever says the craziest stuff gets the most pub and the nomination.

Kasich is by far the best candidate in terms of policy. But a terrible candidate in terms of marketing himself.
    The GOP nomination process has always been the orderly one.

Next guy up ... has always been the mantra.

And the focus is ...

You say you want a social liberal, and a fiscal conservative.

Reality ... Trump is giving American's what they want.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

So you're saying Trump was there to beat his chest but he lasted long
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

So here he is.

And the focus is ...

Trump isn't a fiscal conservative.

HTH
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

So here he is.

And the focus is ...

HTH
    But my man Kasich is ...

Don't make this about Trump.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #TrumpTuesday is tomorrow
  • Options

I hear his hands are too small to pull the lever for his own candidacy.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    topdawgnc said:

I hear his hands are too small to pull the lever for his own candidacy.
    I'm hearing no one wants him to be president, not even other republicans.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

So here he is.

And the focus is ...

HTH
    Fiscal conservatives don't exist.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

It's almost as if Kasich is this year's John Huntsman.