Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doog(men) gonna doog

DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
I got some good belly laughs over a rather lengthy thread on the CEO's site. Holy fuck, it takes every ounce of me not to chime in and thus get the use of a friend of a friend's account taken away. But it was a fuckin doozy.

The question was posed which current Pac12 coaches would you trade Romar for. And the vast majority of poasters said fucking nobody. I mean you have to have the doogliest glasses on not to at least contemplate a few names, but to have a minority of poasters even give 1 name is just pathetic.

Hell, the only ones I wouldn't trade are Alford, Ernesto, Dawkins and maybe Tinkle. And maybe the best was when anyone suggested Altman, other poasters suggested they go root for the ducks because at UW we'd rather win with integrity. Haha except "integrity" has not gotten us wins! FML

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You'd trade Romar for Miller, Krystowiak, and Boyle without hesitation.

Altman has his skeletons but he can coach circles around Romar.

You can debate whether you'd trade Romar in for "younger" coaches at this level like Enfield, Hurley, Martin, or Tinkle. I'd probably make the trade at this point.

Ernesto is a disaster. Dawkins pretty much sucks and it wouldn't shock me if Stanford moved on from him at some point in the near future. Alford I don't think is a terrible coach but he's in over his head at a place like UCLA.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The trash left in unicorn fart and fairy dust land have the analytical skills of monkeys. Monkeys throw poop.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'd pretty much trade for anyone not named dawkins or ernesto at this point, b/c we know what romar is across the board. Overall though it's kinda a stupid question as I would hope UW could pull in a better name than enfield or martin. I actually like younger coaches like hurley and tinkle. Jury is out on what they have to offer.

Anyone who wouldn't take boyle, krystowiak or miller are fucking braindead. I actually like kryst out of the lot for what UW needs. Miller is a little too much like romar in some areas for my taste(brain freeze in games).

I sure hope moosewhowails was leading that conversation. I swear to god romar could freight train his wife with venoy and he would still say he was the answer at UW
  • Options
    Agree that Krystowiak is the best coach in the conference right now ... Miller has actually had a pretty good year because he doesn't have typical Arizona talent. It may be good for him in the long run.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Miller, Boyle, Altman, Krystowiak in a millesecond. Tinkle is a maybe as is Alford and Enfield. Not enough data yet on Hurley or Martin. No thanks on Ernesto and Dawkins.

But hey just because Lorenzo is the dean of Pac-12 coaches, you can't expect him to rank anywhere higher than 5th and 8th out of the 10 coaches you have a body of work to judge them by right???????
  • Options
    tonight is another great time for romar to prove how great he is. He is going against the likes of tinkle with both teams playing loser out of the bubble watch. UW has to win this game if they want any chance.

This will put romar on the seat against martin(lost), tinkle(tbd) boyle(lost), kyst(lost), miller(lost). Now he gets altman as well. I don't think there is a strong possibility they go 1-1, let alone 2-0, but they have to win vs OSU if they want any shot at the ncaa.
  • Options

tonight is another great time for romar to prove how great he is. He is going against the likes of tinkle with both teams playing loser out of the bubble watch. UW has to win this game if they want any chance.

This will put romar on the seat against martin(lost), tinkle(tbd) boyle(lost), kyst(lost), miller(lost). Now he gets altman as well. I don't think there is a strong possibility they go 1-1, let alone 2-0, but they have to win vs OSU if they want any shot at the ncaa.

Are you suggesting that on court performance matters?
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Are you suggesting that on court performance matters?
    Unless you're running for president than 3rd place is really fucking cool all of a sudden.

But yes, I think on the court matters
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2016

This is the kind of game where Andrews needs to step up when the inevitable 8 minute lull of offense hits Romar's dawgs because some sort of adjustment was made by the other coach and Romar's shaky half-court sets get completely owned.

In these 8-10 minute stretches where Romar stares longingly at Beer ads dreaming of a little hair of the dawg to cure his hangover, UW is completely dependent on one of its elite playmakers to go off.

On the road, it should be Andrews, but i'm ok if it is one of the young guns.

Worst case scenario is The Glove II going off, Andrews unable to match him, and little chainsaw arena punking the younger guys into oblivion.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Worst case scenario is The Glove II going off, Andrews unable to match him, and little chainsaw arena punking the younger guys into oblivion.
    Odds that that is happening is about 81%
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    Altman is the best coach in the conference. Enough said on that.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I think Krystowiak is the best coach in the conference.
    Altman and Miller are good coaches. Better recruiters than coaches.
    I think Boyle & Tinkle are good coaches, but I could be swayed either way on them.
    TBD on Hurley (he_needs_moar_time).

Alford, Enfield, Cuntzo, Dawkins, Kent, Romar - are all garbage.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think Krystowiak is the best coach in the conference.
    Altman and Miller are good coaches. Better recruiters than coaches.
    I think Boyle & Tinkle are good coaches, but I could be swayed either way on them.
    TBD on Hurley (he_needs_moar_time).

Alford, Enfield, Cuntzo, Dawkins, Kent, Romar - are all garbage.

Says something for Mike Montgomery's coaching player tree.... Krysto and Tinkle played and coached for the Griz
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Miller hasn't impressed me, not that I've followed him real closely, but gun to my head, I'd take him over Romar. I'd probably take Tinkle as well. Krsytowiak is a no brainer.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2016

Miller hasn't impressed me, not that I've followed him real closely, but gun to my head, I'd take him over Romar. I'd probably take Tinkle as well. Krsytowiak is a no brainer.

Agree.

Very good recruiter, but just a decent coach. I think he's been inflated by a historically bad pac12.