Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rubio/Cruz think tank after tonight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Just being reported that Trump won the hispanic vote in Nevada.

The guy who threatens to deport every single illegal immigrant and then build the wall just got more hispanic votes than 2 guys with hispanic last names.

I'm in awe at this point.

There are right wing Hispanics who were born here and hate the border jumpers as much as the next guy. I am friends with one in fact. He makes fun of them regularly.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2016

NEsnake12 said:

The guy who threatens to deport every single illegal immigrant and then build the wall just got more hispanic votes than 2 guys with hispanic last names.

I'm not surprised. The media portrays Hispanics as some sort of united front but it's much more complicated than that.
    APAG is right on this. Believe it or not, there is a large subset of legal Hispanics that don't like illegal migration.
    Those who came here legally and became citizens whatever their race are mostly on board with Trump's views on immigration.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

There are right wing Hispanics who were born here and hate the border jumpers as much as the next guy. I am friends with one in fact. He makes fun of them regularly.
    @topdawgnc!!! True???
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

There are right wing Hispanics who were born here and hate the border jumpers as much as the next guy. I am friends lay sod and fix sprinklers with one in fact. He makes fun of them regularly.
    Crisped it.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

I'm not surprised. The media portrays Hispanics as some sort of united front but it's much more complicated than that.
    I've never understood the thought process of Hispanics that have been here for awhile either legally or illegally would be for an open border. And I think there's a high percentage that aren't.

Why would you want even more competitition for your job, and for your Sancho, spilling over the borders daily.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Except the age curve of Hispanics skews young, and younger people will not vote for Trump regardless of their imigration status.
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

There are right wing Hispanics who were born here and hate the border jumpers as much as the next guy. I am friends lay sod and fix sprinklers with one in fact. He makes fun of them regularly.
    Crisped it.
    I'll wait until #laymysodcoog weighs in thank you.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

@topdawgnc!!! True???
    cogida sí gringo , esas espaldas mojadas necesitan entrar en el camino de mi familia a través de la puerta no bajo el alambre
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

NEsnake12 said:

You don't have friends.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The funny thing is, the media pushes this "Hispanics hate Trump" agenda because he's racist. When, in fact, the term Hispanic in itself is quasi-racist. It's like saying the "Anglican vote".

My dad (sorry...one of my dads) is an expat in a moderate Central American country and although they're not warring with each other, may of the "Hispanic" countries don't like each other. C and S Americans don't like Mexicans. And the whole dynamic is very complicated. Trump is racist because he wants to build a wall but essentially saying someone from Tijuana is basically the same as someone from Rio, Costa Rica or Belize...that's not racist?
  • Options
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

You don't have friends.
    projecting
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't wait for TRUMP to load up all the messicans on rail cars and send them all to forced labor camps.

#whatIamhearing
  • Options

The funny thing is, the media pushes this "Hispanics hate Trump" agenda because he's racist. When, in fact, the term Hispanic in itself is quasi-racist. It's like saying the "Anglican vote".

My dad (sorry...one of my dads) is an expat in a moderate Central American country and although they're not warring with each other, may of the "Hispanic" countries don't like each other. C and S Americans don't like Mexicans. And the whole dynamic is very complicated. Trump is racist because he wants to build a wall but essentially saying someone from Tijuana is basically the same as someone from Rio, Costa Rica or Belize...that's not racist?

Carlos Mencina once said that the El Salvadorans were the Niggers of Latin America.

True?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

Can't wait for TRUMP to load up all the messicans on rail cars and send them all to forced labor camps.

#whatIamhearing

• Options
    topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

#whatIamhearing

Wetsnatchee was so beautiful before the firestorm burned down half the town. On a clear day, You can see the runs of Mission Ridge from the Denny's.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

#whatIamhearing

Wetsnatchee was so beautiful before the firestorm burned down half the town. On a clear day, You can see the runs of Mission Ridge from the Denny's.
    You eat at Denny's. You're poor.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    salemcoog said:

Carlos Mencina once said that the El Salvadorans were the Niggers of Latin America.

True?
    Do you need a timeout?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

True?
    No...more like Guatemalans...