Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Redshirt Freshman

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited February 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
Just for shits and giggles, along with chest beating purposes, who are the redshirt freshmen that will be good?

I'm picking Scrempos. 6'6" 280, I bet he will be a monster. Potoa'e is another obvious pick. I don't think I'm as high on him as many others though.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Scrempos had shoulder surgery after the year, but I agree, I am high on him.

Obviously Potoa'e like you said.

Austin Joyner would be one I would add along with Henry Roberts. McCoy intrigues me but I'm not sure I can say I'm high on him.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2016
    Obvious is Benning. I like the Scrempos call.

I'm going to go out on a limb and pick Mike Neal at TE. I think Perkins was underrated by this board and will leave a pretty big void. Hopefully Daniels steps in and becomes the true #1 TE target, but for all the hype about Ajamu, Sample, and the Zag (who might be moving outside)...they never really did shit. My guess is none of them are really that great and now that Neal has had a year in the weight room and a chance to figure out how to block he could emerge as a player and snag a crucial redzone TD sometime.

I haven't really seen him play, he just passes the look test and has the potential to make an impact as long as he doesn't suck. Plus this is my off-season swing for the fence in order to beat my chest next november with a bump pick.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2016

Bryce Sterk

in high school, the dude was more jacked that our starting DL from 4 years ago

Agree
    But fuck Lynden
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,612
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bryce Sterk

Agree
    But fuck Lynden

looked him up on the roster and found this:

2015: Redshirted true freshman season at the UW ... won the team's Ultimate Dirt Dawg Award for his work in the weight room during the 2015 season.

Hopefully he doesn't start until his junior or senior year, and takes out years of bench warming roid rage on the Pac-12
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bryce Sterk

Agree
    But fuck Lynden

2015: Redshirted true freshman season at the UW ... won the team's Ultimate Dirt Dawg Award for his work in the weight room during the 2015 season.

Hopefully he doesn't start until his junior or senior year, and takes out years of bench warming roid rage on the Pac-12
    That's the Stanford model.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bryce Sterk

Agree
    But fuck Lynden

That's the Stanford model.

Used to be our model...
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Anyone think Justice League Warren sees the field? He looked damn good out of HS
    No homo
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Bryce Sterk

There's a reason that his nickname in high school was Sterkules
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Obvious is Benning. I like the Scrempos call.

I'm going to go out on a limb and pick Mike Neal at TE. I think Perkins was underrated by this board and will leave a pretty big void. Hopefully Daniels steps in and becomes the true #1 TE target, but for all the hype about Ajamu, Sample, and the Zag (who might be moving outside)...they never really did shit. My guess is none of them are really that great and now that Neal has had a year in the weight room and a chance to figure out how to block he could emerge as a player and snag a crucial redzone TD sometime.

I haven't really seen him play, he just passes the look test and has the potential to make an impact as long as he doesn't suck. Plus this is my off-season swing for the fence in order to beat my chest next november with a bump pick.

I don't remember anybody predicting huge things from those guys for last season. Perkins was pretty much locked into the position. I do think Neal will be awesome (those who talk about practice say he really impressed) but next year will be Daniels's year. Neal should take over as the pass catching TE as a RS soph, as it should be. As for Sample, I think he'll be a stud as a blocking TE who will be able to get open for 1-2 catches a game or save a broken play. Somebody mentioned the Stanford model. Multiple TE threats would be part of it. I'd bet Ajamu eventually sells the couch and I predict the walk-on will contribute as much as other walk-ons we've had lately.

For my prediction on who makes an impact as a RS Frosh. I'm going to go with the trend of solid performance from guys who DDY trashes in the recruiting forum so I'll go with Andre Baccelia. Really, though, we're at that point where guys who don't have the elite talent to break on the scene as true frosh will probably not be seeing a ton of time until they are closer to being upper classmen. Again,Stanford model - building solid depth
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Bryce Sterk

There's a reason that his nickname in high school was Sterkules
    Cuz the homo wouldn't cut his hair?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I like the Scrempos pick Road.

-All about Joyner, a 5-tool player,

-NEED Bacciella. We need a slot guy that can catch. Mickens could run after catch but couldnt find the football. Need one who can do both. Chico-san not a slot either

-HOPING Rice. Dude didnt play much his senior year, huge dude now and quick. Will have almost 2 years to rehab knee. Need pass rusher. I picture a faster Kikahamora. If he didnt get hurt he prolly wouldnt be at Washington. A midnight Texas heist? We'll find out!!

PRAYING McCoy. We have recruited 2 interior DL in last 2 years. He better pan out.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mark me down for DJ Beavers.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

I like the Scrempos pick Road.

-All about Joyner, a 5-tool player,

-NEED Bacciella. We need a slot guy that can catch. Mickens could run after catch but couldnt find the football. Need one who can do both. Chico-san not a slot either

-HOPING Rice. Dude didnt play much his senior year, huge dude now and quick. Will have almost 2 years to rehab knee. Need pass rusher. I picture a faster Kikahamora. If he didnt get hurt he prolly wouldnt be at Washington. A midnight Texas heist? We'll find out!!

PRAYING McCoy. We have recruited 2 interior DL in last 2 years. He better pan out.

Did you watch Mickens his entire career? He couldn't do shit after the catch and never had the instincts to be an effective runner. Just because you can do cone drills doesn't mean you can juke.

That's why he's caught the second most balls all-time in UW history but has the worst Yds/reception of everyone in the top 25 of that list.

He was 2 yard bubble screen waste of a 1st down nightmare. Try to keep up with the football talk, Pup.
    WTF? Doogles remove the semen from the synapses, Milkens garnered most of his yards after catch. His whole career was bubble screen YAC.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    Founders Club

Just for shits and giggles, along with chest beating purposes, who are the redshirt freshmen that will be good?

I'm picking Scrempos. 6'6" 280, I bet he will be a monster. Potoa'e is another obvious pick. I don't think I'm as high on him as many others though.

Aren't you fancy?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Joyner.....

at WR.
  • Options
    Founders Club