Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Fan Podcast Download Link

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/Feb162016HFPRecruitingandBasketball.mp3

We had some tech difficulties at the start and I forgot to record until 8 minutes in. You will miss a riveting discussion on Peyton Manning t-bagging a trainer 20 years ago and his current relationship with Papa John.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,576
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Did I get a shout out?

And technical difficulties are par for your course.

I enjoy listening.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Was getting ready to turn the podcast off in disgust and label it as unrecognizable if no one objected to the basketball guy. Thank god for @RoadDawg55, although you were still far too nice. Every single point he made could have been torn apart 50 times in every single direction. Goddamn that kind of mediocrity acceptance gets my blood boiling. He even rolled out the 'well who would you hire then LOL' argument. And Jimmy calls it a fair point. Jesus Christ almighty.

Agreed. Kudos to @RoadDawg55 for the challenge. It was obvious everyone was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure anyone would call him out. Not easy to call out a guest who you intentionally don't want to piss-off. It wasn't over the top, but the point was made. Well done.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I love our? network is gaining so much ground. But I miss the shit talking about media and players.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2016
    No coach comes out and says they will stay at their respective school for life and romar has done that. That just never happens.

I don't like romar but Lucas is right. Uw is a stepping stone job for hoops. Who are you going to get?

Romar needs a strong x's and o's coach.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2016
    Seiously? Keyboud is boken nd cein lees won' wok. Fuck I cn ype.
    jecornel said:

No coach comes out and says they will stay at their respective school for life and romar has done that. That just never happens.

I don't like romar but Lucas is right. Uw is a stepping stone job for hoops. Who are you going to get?

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

This is so fucking stupid on so many levels.

You fire his ass and pay some legit smaller school coach a bunch of money to come turn things around. Give him 3 years and if he isn't making the tournament, fire him and hire someone who will.

You people act like UW is fucking CWU or something when it comes to basketball.

With the talent the state produces, and how much of it stays at UW, there is no excuse to not make the tournament at least every other year
    Good plan bro.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You fire his ass and pay some legit smaller school coach a bunch of money to come turn things around. Give him 3 years and if he isn't making the tournament, fire him and hire someone who will.

With the talent the state produces, and how much of it stays at UW, there is no excuse to not make the tournament at least every other year
    Good plan bro.
    Yeah, I know
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Good plan bro.
    Yeah, I know
    It appears that a lot of you really care about uw hoops. It might be time to start writing letters and making phone calls.

Romar should have been fired years ago and hasn't been.

So the idea of hiring some smaller school to fix it sucks. and it doesn't appear to even remotely seem a possibility any time soon.

If you are outraged let people know about it. Be the change to bring back husky basketball.

• Options
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Good plan bro.
    Yeah, I know
    It appears that a lot of you really care about uw hoops. It might be time to start writing letters and making phone calls.

So the idea of hiring some smaller school to fix it sucks. and it doesn't appear to even remotely seem a possibility any time soon.

If you are outraged let people know about it. Be the change to bring back husky basketball.

What is wrong with hiring a successful mid major coach? It's working out for Oregon and has worked out for P5 schools numerous times in the past
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Good plan bro.
    Yeah, I know

Better, but still wrong.