Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL UW v UTAH GAMETHREAD

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2016
    Houhusky said:

class="Quote" rel="Tequilla">The defense Everything except for being stupid atheletic is pathetic

FTFY

TL, DR
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2016

Passion said:

Fuck Romar. Today some d-bag at work was all excited about "next year!"

Jeez we have a soft fan base.

Next year we? lose AA, and Murray and Chriss are playing their way into the draft.

Should be GREAT.
    If Murray plays this way again, with national audience, im not sure he's lottery or even top 20. I'm not positive his game translates well to the NBA right now without developmental league and major work. Having watched Wroten struggle, Lavine struggle, maybe he stays to improve his draft status or because he likes his teammates. Although Lavine is playing better than Ross who is making 3.5 mil a year, so who know?
    Chriss to me is looking more and more like the best player with the highest ceiling
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I did love that double team 40 feet from teh hoop with the game in the balance which turned into a dunk in the last couple minutes. That was just typical romar. you CAN NOT double someone in the middle of the floor. It's worthless as they can dribble out of it, or worse, pass out of it and it ends up a dunk. That was just fantastic to watch.

Anyhow. Utah was an expected loss, we're? now 2-3 in the 5 game stretch which is at least somewhat palatable. A loss to Buffs and a split vs the cal teams at home would be the dagger on the season. I'm not even sure if this team rebounds if they lose to the buffs. There just isn't enough time to make up ground.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I had 710 on in the car this morning and of course the youth excuse is getting lots of play. You can't expect freshmen to be consistent! Maybe not but you can expect them to play defense with intensity, but that would be a shot at Romar.

The most ridiculous thing said was that Utah shot 65% from the field and they were just on fire, no one was going to stop them. Umm, they shot 65% because of a shitload of uncontested layups dumbfuck.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439

I had 710 on in the car this morning and of course the youth excuse is getting lots of play. You can't expect freshmen to be consistent! Maybe not but you can expect them to play defense with intensity, but that would be a shot at Romar.

The most ridiculous thing said was that Utah shot 65% from the field and they were just on fire, no one was going to stop them. Umm, they shot 65% because of a shitload of uncontested layups dumbfuck.

Flagged for obvious reasons
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Next year we? lose AA, and Murray and Chriss are playing their way into the draft.

Should be GREAT.
    If Murray plays this way again, with national audience, im not sure he's lottery or even top 20. I'm not positive his game translates well to the NBA right now without developmental league and major work. Having watched Wroten struggle, Lavine struggle, maybe he stays to improve his draft status or because he likes his teammates. Although Lavine is playing better than Ross who is making 3.5 mil a year, so who know?
    Chriss to me is looking more and more like the best player with the highest ceiling
    There are never more than 4 or 5 rookies that this isn't the case.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Passion said:

Should be GREAT.
    THIS.

The NBA is unique. No other sport has a draft full of 1st round guys that range from day 1 superstars to developmental project that never even plays.

Murray could log minutes in the NBA right now. He is not a D-League player and never will be.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Passion said:

Should be GREAT.
    THIS.

The NBA is unique. No other sport has a draft full of 1st round guys that range from day 1 superstars to developmental project that never even plays.

Murray could log minutes in the NBA right now. He is not a D-League player and never will be.
    Exactly what I thought of Wroten
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Passion said:

Should be GREAT.
    THIS.

Wroten had/has obvious glaring flaws in his game.

Namely, he couldn't shoot FTs or 3s worth a damn.

Murray's worst flaw is that his is skinny.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2016

Passion said:

Should be GREAT.
    THIS.

Murray's game is extremely far ahead of Wroten's as a frosh. Wroten was more athletic, but Murray's better at everything else, shooting, free throw shooting, passing, giving a shit on defense, etc.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Passion said:

Should be GREAT.
    THIS.

Wow, you were drunk a lot during the TW years if you are comparing the two in any similar light.

One player can use both hands. The other couldn't.

One cares about his game, his team and has no cool factor to him

One can shoot from outside of 3 ft from the basket

One actually plays defense, and well for a freshman(oh and he tries to play defense which is an added bonus)

One actually can pass. TW could make the highlight pass, but he also made about 25 bad passes to get one highlight pass.

Did i mention TW still can't dribble with his right hand?

One can shoot FT's

One takes over games at the end b/c he has a hard nose winning attitude while the other was looking at his homies and wondering what party they were hitting up later in the day.

These two players are so incredibly polar opposite.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Should be GREAT.
    THIS.

Wow, you were drunk a lot during the TW years if you are comparing the two in any similar light.

One actually plays defense, and well for a freshman(oh and he tries to play defense which is an added bonus)

One actually can pass. TW could make the highlight pass, but he also made about 25 bad passes to get one highlight pass.

One can shoot FT's

One takes over games at the end b/c he has a hard nose winning attitude while the other was looking at his homies and wondering what party they were hitting up later in the day.

I like Murray's game better than TW's as well, but Murray is not a good shooter at all. 39% from the field and 29% from 3. His shot isn't completely broken like TW's was, but there is nothing impressive about Murray's numbers.

TW was one of the best players in the conference (it was shitty, but still) his freshman year. We have this dumb discussion every year about TW. He was good. He has had some big games in the NBA.

Murray has a better feel and you can see how he could become really good. TW was pretty fucking good though.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Passion said:

Should be GREAT.
    THIS.

One can shoot FT's

I like Murray's game better than TW's as well, but Murray is not a good shooter at all. 39% from the field and 29% from 3. His shot isn't completely broken like TW's was, but there is nothing impressive about Murray's numbers.

TW was one of the best players in the conference (it was shitty, but still) his freshman year. We have this dumb discussion every year about TW. He was good. He has had some big games in the NBA.

Murray has a better feel and you can see how he could become really good. TW was pretty fucking good though.
    Wroten was a 5 star talent with a 1 star makeup. Murray's a 4 star talent with a 4 star makeup. I'm pretty sure Wroten would kill Murray in a game of one on one. In a team game I'll take Murray 10 times out of 10.

You're right about Murray's shooting numbers being very bad, but a) he's 69% from the line which is poor for a guard but significantly better than Wroten as a frosh b) his form is fine and might require a minor mechanical overhaul but not a complete reworking like Wroten's.

Murray's ceiiling might not be as high as Wroten's was but he's much more likely to reach it IMO. He's a hell of a lot easier to root for than Wroten too.