Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Stat Of The Day

Steve Sarkisian has yet to have a team that has outscored it's opponents in a season, finishing with point differentials of -7, -97, -33 and -2.

Only one other UW coach has ever gone four straight seasons with a negative point differential, and he was fired after those four years.

Sark is in pretty exclusive company.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Steve Sarkisian has yet to have a team that has outscored it's opponents in a season, finishing with point differentials of -7, -97, -33 and -2.

Only one other UW coach has ever gone four straight seasons with a negative point differential, and he was fired after those four years.

That's the funniest part of him trying to sell his mythical 9 win bullshit. His teams are insanely mediocre and deserve to finish 6-6 against fellow FBS opponents.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

That's the funniest part of him trying to sell his mythical 9 win bullshit. His teams are insanely mediocre and deserve to finish 5-7 against fellow FBS opponents.
    ftfy

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,547
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    97>33>2. If you can't see incremental progress its because you have a pencil in your eye. Some of you are trying too hard to be cool. Maybe a timeout is in order
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Sounds like someone has their own agenda.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The problem is his inability to prevent blowouts. A couple HUGE losses each year contribute to the point differential you identified - oregon (of course), arizona, and lsu (this year).

Sark's teams are unable to prevent blowouts because (as I've said before), they lack discipline and toughness. When they get down against quick-strike teams, they get frustrated. They don't know how to handle it. They become deer in headlights, and an avalanche ensues.

Gawd...our offensive line is so friggin' bad.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

The problem is his inability to prevent blowouts. A couple HUGE losses each year contribute to the point differential you identified - oregon (of course), arizona, and lsu (this year).

Sark's teams are unable to prevent blowouts because (as I've said before), they lack discipline and toughness. When they get down against quick-strike teams, they get frustrated. They don't know how to handle it. They become deer in headlights, and an avalanche ensues.

Take it to the friggin' OL board. It's not that hard. It's really not.

On another note. Did anyone else see the LSU DL taunting the UW OL? If there is any image I took from 2012, that one stuck with me. If I had pencils that night I would have suck them in my eyes.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2013

Passion said:

On another note. Did anyone else see the LSU DL taunting the UW OL? If there is any image I took from 2012, that one stuck with me. If I had pencils that night I would have suck them in my eyes.
    Yes, I did see that. An LSU DE on one knee motioning to our OL to come get some. I was insanely jealous we don't have players like that. Our players are good kids though. They are excelling in the classroom and staying out of trouble for the most part. They are having fun doing the lawnmower. Remember how many guys got the joy of football sucked out of them by Tyrone? How far we have come.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Yes, I did see that. An LSU DE on one knee motioning to our OL to come get some. I was insanely jealous we don't have players like that. Our players are good kids though. They are excelling in the classroom and staying out of trouble for the most part. They are having fun doing the lawnmower. Remember how many guys got the joy of football sucked out of them by Tyrone? How far we have come.

Yep. That was it exactly. They were basically saying "Bring it, pussy, I want to knock you on your ass again". I almost quit watching on the spot.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Passion said:

Yep. That was it exactly. They were basically saying "Bring it, pussy, I want to knock you on your ass again". I should have quit watching on the spot.
    We all should have

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

97>33>2. If you can't see incremental progress its because you have a pencil in your eye. Some of you are trying too hard to be cool. Maybe a timeout is in order

I see incremental progress. That is fine. Looking at the trajectory of the progress is the problem... things are leveling out aka the coaches have already made their biggest strides... assuming geometric progression we will go to about +13 next year then +20 ... +23... +24... +24... +24... so that is about +2/game... so yeah... .500 career coach forever!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Passion said:

Spell check....

Gawd...our defensive line is so friggin' bad.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Passion said:

Spell check....

Gawd...our coaching staff is so friggin' bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Passion said:

Tyrone sucked off guys? Kim what are you hearing? Is this one of the stories you couldn't tell us until Tyrone was gone?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,154
    Founders Club