Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We won!

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
I still hate Romar.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

This whole season feels "like the oregon state game".

I'm happy we're? winning, but fear more of the same.

Unless Romar goes to the elite eight this year and final four after that, I'm not impressed. I'm just asking to meet Ernie Kent's ceiling in year 14. That's it.

Have you ever considered that this might be Lorenzo Romar's 17-year plan to lose the Rose Bowl National Semifinal?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Chris Petersen loses this game.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    So did we. I think that game likely kicks UCLA off the bubble and probably sets Alford on a course to get fired in a year two. He should be fired this year but he has $10M buyout because GuerreroFS.

Thanks DAWGS.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So did we. I think that game likely kicks UCLA off the bubble and probably sets Alford on a course to get fired in a year two. He should be fired this year but he has $10M buyout because GuerreroFS.

Thanks DAWGS.

Obviously Romar is your next coach after coaching a bunch of freshman into the sweet 16 getting coach of the year. UCLA hires him, not to outdone by HaddenFS

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,490
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

This whole season feels "like the oregon state game".

I'm happy we're? winning, but fear more of the same.

Unless Romar goes to the elite eight this year and final four after that, I'm not impressed. I'm just asking to meet Ernie Kent's ceiling in year 14. That's it.

Have you ever considered that this might be Lorenzo Romar's 17-year plan to lose the Rose Bowl National Semifinal?
    BLACK JOHN WOODEN
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Thanks DAWGS.

Obviously Romar is your next coach after coaching a bunch of freshman into the sweet 16 getting coach of the year. UCLA hires him, not to outdone by HaddenFS

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Thanks DAWGS.

I know it would never happen, but this would be the best case scenario. Nobody would cold shoulder the new coach for supplanting the living legend Romar and the community would rally around keeping the best ballers in Seattle. Romar would keep UCLA at Alford levels.

It would be perfect.
    It would be perfect except for the fact that all another team offering romar would do is supplant the #10yearcontactextention into reality.

I wouldn't say romar isn't trying b/c nobody is that stupid, however I believe people should have an edge in their job and some sort of thought they have to succeed in their job to keep it. UW has shown after 14 years that they don't care and you can be mediocre to horrid with 1st round picks and still get more $. Romar isn't going to leave UW when he literally gets a pass from at least 50%+ of the fanbase for getting to a sweet 16. yipee

If romar were to go to ucla, they wouldn't let him last 4 years with the shit sandwich he's done. Christ, they fired a coach who had multiple final fours within a couple years of his firing. We? just don't have any balls left.