Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TBS Question for AZDuck

I noticed Oregon's recruiting class also has 17 commits. How many is Slingblade likely to take this year and who are they expected to finish with?

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited January 2016
    Should have @bananasnblondes at me...

Word is we just landed a silent commit in 4* Keith Simms from Maryland. He hated his visit to UNC and seems to have chosen Oregon over Va Tech. Hopefully it sticks.

We are going hard after Fresno DE Caleb Kelly and Cincinnatti DE Prince Sammons. Each of those is less than 50%, I'd say

Nigel Knott has seemed very likely to go to Ole Miss; the hope for Oregon is that his dad played under Oregon DB coach John Neal and loves him, now Ole Miss is looking at sanctions... But we're a long way from home and Momma is second only to girlfriends in terms of swaying recruits (20% shot)

Oregon went hard after Cal DE commit Evan Weaver, after an in-home he decided to stick by his Cal commitment. I never bash a kid for choosing a Calducation.

Former BYU commit 3* Samoan DT Wayne Kirby is looking hard at Oregon - we are said to be his leader. He is taking an official visit to Utah this weekend, though.

Oregon seems to be looking for one more WR - we offered a kid who is committed to Okie State, he thought about it for a minute and told us to pound sand. There is another kid, Tyrell Alexander, 3*, 6'2" from Lancaster TX who might be visiting this weekend...

Justin Hopkins at 247 has LB Calvin Bundage to Oregon, bucking conventional wisdom - he's got a pretty good success rate with his picks.

There's also an OL grad transfer from Rhode Island named Catalina who is looking at Oregon.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon making a skrong run at the All AOG Team trophy.
  • Options

Who?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

Who?
    OK!
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think the fly in the continued Oregon recruiting thing is you have 16 exiting senior scholarships + Addison to the NFL + Mahalak to the Big Sky going out and 17 commits plus the reigning Big Sky first-team QB coming in. I'm sure a few others will be posting their couches on Craigslist, but unless people like Simms, Knott and Connor Murphy I'm not sure you're going to see it go much beyond what it is now.

With that said, Dillon Mitchell's highlight tape is the stuff TBS fantasies are made of.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

AZDuck said:

Who?
    OK!
    why are you dragging my good name into this petty argument?
  • Options

AZDuck said:

Who?
    OK!
    Lolwut
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Who?
    OK!
    It's what we like to do.