Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some pleasant film "study" today

chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
I watched a few hudl films today. On to the study...

Byron Murphy: I'm sure he's a great player. The early part of his film was meh and I lost interest. He looks like a fairly tangy, fairly fast athlete but I wasn't excited. Maybe I shouls

Levi O-something: See my other post. He had me at the flying knee. Textbook definition of a big freak athlete. He looks like a class centerpiece type of recruit to me.

Pleasant: Dude this guy looks awesome to me. I watched most of his film. He could be a fine rb with hands and speed, a fine wr with hops, agility and hands, or a hard hitting safety. I really like this guy. My guess...wide receiver.

Jordan Chin: I didn't watch. Thinking that Pleasant might have taken his spot. Or maybe I'm just hoping so.

Comments

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I watched Murphy's film and I was reminded of Jayden
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Here's the thing with Jaydon Mickens ...

If he's your 3rd or 4th best WR on a PAC squad, you probably have a decent passing attack.

If he's your best WR on a PAC squad, you should be firing your WR coach and everybody associated with recruiting that position like what was done with Pease.

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    chuck said:

Jordan Chin: I didn't watch. Thinking that Pleasant might have taken his spot. Or maybe I'm just hoping so.

I'll probably get skewered for this. Pleasantly surprised since I wasn't expecting much. He's tall, extremely fast, and catches the ball away from his body with his hands.

But whatever. All these Hudl films are misleading.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

chuck said:

I'll probably get skewered for this. Pleasantly surprised since I wasn't expecting much. He's tall, extremely fast, and catches the ball away from his body with his hands.

You're referring to Chin, correct? I can't argue since I didn't watch it and am being a bit of a lemming as far as he goes. Tall and extremely fast sounds really good to me though. Maybe they're onto something that the Styx guy can't see.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    If only evaluating hips were this easy, Syskel and Ebert would have been the recruiting experts
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I haven't watched Chin's highlights, but that's encouraging. With Ross, Pettis, Renfro, Lenius, McClatcher, Pounds, Nik Little, and Andre B. ahead of him, he could redshirt to improve his size.

Haven't watched Pleasant's either but hopefully he'll be a good bigger back in the future.
    Passion said:

chuck said:

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Here's the thing with Jaydon Mickens ...

If he's your 3rd or 4th best WR on a PAC squad, you probably have a decent passing attack.

If he's your best WR on a PAC squad, you should be firing your WR coach and everybody associated with recruiting that position like what was done with Pease.

Thats true but I wouldn't blame that 100% on Pease. A lot of the blame comes from the shitty result of the 2012/2013 WR classes, which should've given us some solid upper classmen this last year to throw to. But look what happened to them...

Jaydon - What was left.
    D-Warsh - Moved to RB.
    Kendyl Taylor - Transfered.
    String - Lol.
    Ross - Injured.
    Daniels - Moved to TE for some fucking reason.

Oh and then there was Marvin fucking Hall. No comment.

Just terrible, terrible management of the depth with the upper classmen at WR. So we're stuck with an idiot and a scrub for upper classmen, and a bunch of pedestrian youngsters (that's where Pease is to blame).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I watched a few hudl films today. On to the study...

Byron Murphy: I'm sure he's a great player. The early part of his film was meh and I lost interest. He looks like a fairly tangy, fairly fast athlete but I wasn't excited. Maybe I shouls

Levi O-something: See my other post. He had me at the flying knee. Textbook definition of a big freak athlete. He looks like a class centerpiece type of recruit to me.

Pleasant: Dude this guy looks awesome to me. I watched most of his film. He could be a fine rb with hands and speed, a fine wr with hops, agility and hands, or a hard hitting safety. I really like this guy. My guess...wide receiver.

Byron Murphy looks like an All Pac-10 S to me. Not a natural receiver and I hope he doesn't play there even though he could. Really great fast twitch shit. Nice and physical as a player. Has a big frame.

Levi Onwuzurike is unreal once he starts moving. Big and country strong. Very quick. The flying knee is impressive. I worry about his 'get-off'.

I fully disagree on Pleasant. He looks like a DB and nothing else. His RB highlights are just his being bigger/faster/stronger than everyone and he lets the ball get to his body a lot when he's at WR. I really like him at DB, at RB/WR, whatever.

Jordan Chin looks like a Kaminoan from Attack of the Clowns: long arms, long neck, long legs, no torso.
    Pleasant has a couple of pretty sweet grabs in in his video where he catches the ball a mile away from his body and shows amazing reach for his size.

I agree he's not an RB. I think WR or safety. He hits hard with good form and guys go down immediately.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I didn't say he is Jayden, or is going to be Jayden. Some of you seem to be twisting. You guys need to learn the difference. Hopefully he won't reverse field and drop passes. His frequent shifty change of direction reminded me of Mick.

I see WR first, if not that then I see corner.

As far as Pleasant goes I see safety and if not that then WR.

Feel free to borrow @Swaye's jeep to run me over then shoot me with the .44 mag (no, I don't feel lucky)
  • Options
    DB GIVES HIM 10 YARDS OF CUSHION AND BEATS HIM ON A DOUBLE MOVE... 1:45 mark
  • Options
    he high points it well too
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Rapp is a harder hitter and better tackler @ S. CB is pretty stacked. Methinks Pleasant needs to be on offense.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    digits said:

Rapp is a harder hitter and better tackler @ S. CB is pretty stacked. Methinks Pleasant needs to be on offense.

It turns out there are two safety positions!
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    digits said:

Pleasant was interviewed, and said they're looking at him at RB.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Passion said:

digits said:

Sources say that he was told RB for three reasons:

1) Bonapha was his area and Lake was busy
    2) Info said he wants to play RB and we'll give him a shot
    3) We didn't want Long and Murphy to think we were recruiting him at DB

We'll see.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

I didn't say he is Jayden, or is going to be Jayden. Some of you seem to be twisting. You guys need to learn the difference. Hopefully he won't reverse field and drop passes. His frequent shifty change of direction reminded me of Mick.

I see WR first, if not that then I see corner.

As far as Pleasant goes I see safety and if not that then WR.

Feel free to borrow @Swaye's jeep to run me over then shoot me with the .44 mag (no, I don't feel lucky)
    Gawd dam fucking twisters!
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

digits said:

Sources say that he was told RB for three reasons:

1) Bonapha was his area and Lake was busy
    2) Info said he wants to play RB and we'll give him a shot
    3) We didn't want Long and Murphy to think we were recruiting him at DB

We'll see.
    Dwayne Washington also declared early, thus freeing up a scholarship at the RB position (despite him being our best WR).