Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Since all the adults left this bored I have to ask

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
It seems to me that every recruit this year is "blessed" or some other religious theme to get an offer or offers. I don't recall this before. I don't actually have a problem with it, but it is kind of annoying. I'm a confessed believer, well known among the many atheist fans of the old podcast, but while it is great for a kid to acknowledge the Lord's place in his life, it is really the hard work of the kid that got that offer.

Maybe I'm nit picking. Maybe not. Either way it really isn't very interesting.

Do the kid that go to Bama or Ohio State feel blessed or are they too roided up to care? Are we a church school?

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2016

It seems to me that every recruit this year is "blessed" or some other religious theme to get an offer or offers. I don't recall this before. I don't actually have a problem with it, but it is kind of annoying. I'm a confessed believer, well known among the many atheist fans of the old podcast, but while it is great for a kid to acknowledge the Lord's place in his life, it is really the hard work of the kid that got that offer.

Maybe I'm nit picking. Maybe not. Either way it really isn't very interesting.

Do the kid that go to Bama or Ohio State feel blessed or are they too roided up to care? Are we a church school?

I think you notice it more because kids are tweeting every offer now. I thought the same with decommitment letters. When did this become a thing? Twitter is when.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wait, so if God isn't picking some people to suck and some to win football games, what is he doing with all his time?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    It's an epidemic, basically become a joke how often something like that is said.... Hence the use of #blessed as a joke. It's not just high schoolers, pro athletes overuse it too. It's fucking annoying and I am also a believer.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It's an epidemic, basically become a joke how often something like that is said.... Hence the use of #blessed as a joke. It's not just high schoolers, pro athletes overuse it too. It's fucking annoying and I am also a believer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Rappers and athletes that smoke weed and fuck bitches do the same thing while holding the pistola. It's just the way it is.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I only care if they're talking about Allah. As long as it's about REAL God that's fine. It's their business. I specifically ask for no Muslim shit.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Clearly this is not one of Race's famous dry January's
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Kids in high school like trends. The trend right now is the #blessed thing. Also, lots of black folk are highly religious. Most people who are raised religious don't decide if it's bullshit or not until they are adults.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    What's annoying is that alot of people are believers in the same way that people are lottery players, they play expecting to win and when they do they want to parade it around.

It's pretty hollow and shortsighted
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

God is an imaginary friend in the sky and these guys aren't too bright, so they believe in that crap.

el oh el
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Want to thank my negro Lucifer for this offer ya feee me? Hvil Svtvn!
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    I don't know who started it, but if a kid posts #bless #blessup #majorkey it just means he likes Dj Khaled and smoking kush.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442

It seems to me that every recruit this year is "blessed" or some other religious theme to get an offer or offers. I don't recall this before. I don't actually have a problem with it

Okay

but it is kind of annoying.

Good to know that annoying you isn't a problem.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam

It seems to me that every recruit this year is "blessed" or some other religious theme to get an offer or offers. I don't recall this before. I don't actually have a problem with it

Okay

but it is kind of annoying.

Good to know that annoying you isn't a problem.
    Sometimes you annoy me but I don't really have a problem with it
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    Deum asserat esse falsum sed pusillanimes creditis
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Baphomet said:

Deum asserat esse falsum sed pusillanimes creditis

I like @Baphomet in this one.