Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kentrell Love Senior highlights

hudl.com/athlete/2172177/highlights/324972395/v2

The play he makes at the :38 second mark is a thing of beauty for a high schooler.

Must keep this kid.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I'm progressing in watching his tape... He is killing people out there, this is up there with Rapp.

#RappLove
  • Options
    OMG THE PLAY AT 2:31
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Can we have a review of DDY's initial thoughts on him?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I love that half the tape is him just hazing guys off the ball
  • Options

Hi Puppy

That's the response I was going for.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This dude plays violent. I love it. Shades of Kam Chancellor the way he hits.
  • Options
    The play at 1:13 where he just lays the receiver out off ball... thats the attitude this team needs.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    PAC 12 will just eject in the pre game. If you are here to beat your chest and knock out wrs on the bubble screen in the PAC 12 you won't last long.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Look I was drunk and salty. I fucking love him. Dude is a fucking baller.

Also, the senior film is a big step forward. He's gotten stronger, faster, quicker and meaner.

One of the best senior tapes I've seen from a CB.

...in one of the best leagues in the country.

That is a fucking epic film.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Obviously he's got all the ability to be a great one and you love seeing his ability to make big hits.

When I see the plays where he plays with good fundamentals, the sweatpants get strained.

One concern I see in his video if I'm nitpicking is that sometimes with his desire to get big hits and plays, he can get sloppy in his technique (which can lead to missed tackles and big plays at the PAC level), some personal fouls for some of his hitting away from the play, and potentially some targeting penalties leading to ejections. I expect that he'll be asked to clean this up before seeing too much of the field. Given our depth in the secondary, it would not shock me if he was a redshirt if he came to UW.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Man, he's going to be a great nickel corner.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    I think he may be a safety especially if we grab Long or Murphy. His strides are long and not short with quick change of direction. I would love him at safety. Good hitter. He could replace Kevin King fine as well
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Obviously he's got all the ability to be a great one and you love seeing his ability to make big hits.

When I see the plays where he plays with good fundamentals, the sweatpants get strained.

One concern I see in his video if I'm nitpicking is that sometimes with his desire to get big hits and plays, he can get sloppy in his technique (which can lead to missed tackles and big plays at the PAC level), some personal fouls for some of his hitting away from the play, and potentially some targeting penalties leading to ejections. I expect that he'll be asked to clean this up before seeing too much of the field. Given our depth in the secondary, it would not shock me if he was a redshirt if he came to UW.

• Options

I think he may be a safety especially if we grab Long or Murphy. His strides are long and not short with quick change of direction. I would love him at safety. Good hitter. He could replace Kevin King fine as well

If we put him at safety then he needs to redshirt and add at least 20 lbs (he's at 175 now), maybe even more. But if he thinks he'd be better at corner (ala Kevin King), he might slack off doing that like King did. As long as the Jimmy Lake decides what position he'll play early on, he'll be fucking great.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

If we put him at safety then he needs to redshirt and add at least 20 lbs (he's at 175 now), maybe even more. But if he thinks he'd be better at corner (ala Kevin King), he might slack off doing that like King did. As long as the Jimmy Lake decides what position he'll play early on, he'll be fucking great.
    I don't know what we're looking for specifically all the time at CB, but he appears to be our prototype for corner. I agree that he would play the LAN position with gusto, though.

Honestly, I think he gets here next year, backs up LAN and then takes over that 'starting' role when LAN leaves.

I'm dooging so hard thinking about a DB class of Long, Love, Rapp and Gilchrist.

#longlove #rappculture #cantrealldomuchwithgilchrist
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Roof says that he's visiting UCLA this weekend
  • Options

Roof says that he's visiting UCLA this weekend

I hate his family for making him do this.

DOES HE WANT TO BE A SOFT BRUIN!??!