Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark on Rome today

2»

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,479 Swaye's Wigwam
    Your_Mom said:

Jim "Chris" Everett >> Jim Rome

Rome getting his ass kicked on live tv = priceless
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

Don James wouldn't of had time to go on the radio with Rome! Fucker would be sleeping in his office and thinking non stop about how to pull two huge upsets.

Well, we all love the Dawg Father, but the truth is he'd probably shy away from the Rome Show because Rome is such a toad.
    fixed.
  • Your_Mom said:

Do you think that was real or staged? Looking back almost feels staged.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club

koopdog said:

What was that show on Sunday evenings where Don James would sit down with some local Lobcock and go through each play? It was gold. If I couldn't catch the game I always caught that. (Yes showing my age)

He had a show with Keith Shipman on KCPQ, back when they called it KCPQ.
    Before that it was with Bruce King on KOMO
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Before that it was Keith Jackson and Jim Owens
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

boy is he soaking up the glory. Comparing himself to James is like Obama comparing himself to Lincoln.

Take it to the fucking Woodshed Derek.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

boy is he soaking up the glory. Comparing himself to James is like Obama comparing himself to Lincoln.

Telling the website owner to leave his own board is like Obama refusing to negotiate with the GOP while freely conversing with the president of Iran.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

AZDuck said:

Telling the website owner to leave his own board is like Obama refusing to negotiate with the GOP while freely conversing with the president of Iran.
    LEAVE!
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    koopdog said:

What was that show on Sunday evenings where Don James would sit down with some local Lobcock and go through each play? It was gold. If I couldn't catch the game I always caught that. (Yes showing my age)

Bruce King hosted a show with DJ (I like to call him DJ) on KOMO when stations used to brag about the fact they were in color.

Coach's Show Superiority Guy, true??!!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,518 Founders Club
    edited October 2013

Your_Mom said:

Staged.

I look at it every few months (because I have no life and live in mom's basement with a boner in my sweatpants) and you can see that Jim Everett starts to smile pretty early on. plus the backstage people break it up almost immediately....

Plus Rome was kind of an unknown back then and I'm sure he was looking for ratings... Plus espn2 was new back then.. and they were probably looking for ratings and buzz. It was kind of cool when you could tell the difference between ESPN and espn2.. now it's one big corporate dreckfest.

• Your_Mom said:

Staged.

I look at it every few months (because I have no life and live in mom's basement with a boner in my sweatpants) and you can see that Jim Everett starts to smile pretty early on. plus the backstage people break it up almost immediately....

Plus Rome was kind of an unknown back then and I'm sure he was looking for ratings... Plus espn2 was new back then.. and they were probably looking for ratings and buzz. It was kind of cool when you could tell the difference between ESPN and espn2.. now it's one big corporate dreckfest.

If this happened now everyone would know it was staged but back then really only Andy Kaufman pulled shit like that. Rome was really ahead of his time.

Everett gets to feel tough about himself and is more known for that than his shitty career.

While Rome instantly became a household name. Was in Space Jam, got his own show on Fox Sports, then after a few years went back to ESPN.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393

Your_Mom said:

Staged.

If this happened now everyone would know it was staged but back then really only Andy Kaufman pulled shit like that. Rome was really ahead of his time.

Everett gets to feel tough about himself and is more known for that than his shitty career.

While Rome instantly became a household name. Was in Space Jam, got his own show on Fox Sports, then after a few years went back to ESPN.
    Rome is an attention hoar. If this was staged, he would have admitted it by now, just to get the buzz from the newest revelation.

I think it wasn't staged.

Everett is smiling because it is a natural animal response of the more powerful animal that is about to dominate the weaker animal.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

AZDuck said:

Or is it more like a minority party holding the country hostage because they don't like a law that was passed by two houses, signed into law, and upheld by the Supreme Court. Oh yea, the law was also the centerpiece of said party's crushing defeat in last year's presidential election.

Seems more like that.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

AZDuck said:

Or is it more like a minority party holding the country hostage because they don't like a law that was never read by two houses, signed into law, then arbitrarily change by the President for special interest and upcoming elections. Oh yea, the law was also the centerpiece of said President's misinformation campaign directed at low information voters during last year's presidential election.

Seems more like that.

FTFY.

AZDuck said:

Or is it more like a minority party holding the country hostage because they don't like a law that was never read by two houses, signed into law, then arbitrarily change by the President for special interest and upcoming elections. Oh yea, the law was also the centerpiece of said President's misinformation campaign directed at low information voters during last year's presidential election.

Seems more like that.

FTFY.

Now I understand why you're a doog. You live in a fantasy world.
    edited October 2013

AZDuck said:

Seems more like that.

FTFY.

Fact - no member in either house read the bill from front to back

Fact - the President has change the bill, including exemptions for special interest and delayed major parts of the bill so they will not take effect until after the 2014 election cycle.

Fact - the majority of low information voters believe Obamacare is a FREE program and will not cost them a penny.

Sorry, I am not some partisan zombie will marches to the drum of one party. Unfortunately certain groups have intentionally divided America and until people wake up this country is a lost cause.

Mods, can we move this to the Oline board please.

AZDuck said:

Seems more like that.

FTFY.

Fact - the President has change the bill, including exemptions for special interest and delayed major parts of the bill so they will not take effect until after the 2014 election cycle.

Fact - the majority of low information voters believe Obamacare is a FREE program and will not cost them a penny.

Sorry, I am not some partisan zombie will marches to the drum of one party. Unfortunately certain groups have intentionally divided America and until people wake up this country is a lost cause.

Fact: typing "Fact" on a message board does not make something true.

Fact: you're pressing. Badly.
    When I got nothing, I like to throw around terms like Doog & pressing. I like to do that.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,518 Founders Club
    edited October 2013

AZDuck said:

Seems more like that.

FTFY.

I agree... it's mostly 1 percent psychpsychopaths,1 percent psychopath wannabes, their media outlets and " think" tanks