Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UCLA Game Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Damn SC 12-2 to open the season? Will that game be on pac12 network for all of us not to watch?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How does UCLA seem to have so little talent (outside Alford, who is more of a gym/film rat just like his dad was)? Granted they lost a lot to the NBA last year, but L.A. spits out kids who can go there for a year kick ass then leave. BIgger question......

How did that team beat Kentucky??????

Nice wins for Dawgs. Didn't expect win, especially after watching first half.

(bonus comment to NCAA)

Taking shot clock from 35 to 30 was a good idea to speed up the game

New rules forcing ref's to call 40 plus fouls a game and having teams shoot free throws 5 minutes into a half offsets new shot clock rule.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,778
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2016
    godawgst said:

How does UCLA seem to have so little talent (outside Alford, who is more of a gym/film rat just like his dad was)? Granted they lost a lot to the NBA last year, but L.A. spits out kids who can go there for a year kick ass then leave. BIgger question......

How did that team beat Kentucky??????

Nice wins for Dawgs. Didn't expect win, especially after watching first half.

(bonus comment to NCAA)

Taking shot clock from 35 to 30 was a good idea to speed up the game

New rules forcing ref's to call 40 plus fouls a game and having teams shoot free throws 5 minutes into a half offsets new shot clock rule.

I'm at the point with basketball officiating, each team should select one bench player to ref each game, same player can't ref two games in a row. Have one head zebra who MUST be a former player of at least high school varsity caliber.

There's one little fucker in the Pac 12 who is about 5'1". No way that guy ever balled up. Not a chance.

Slightly better than call your own fouls but certainly better than the shit zebras that want to call a touch foul 40 feet from the basket but let guys get absolutely destroyed once they enter the key.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The point about having former players and guys with a clue officiating games really matters.

My goal officiating was always to make sure that a) I didn't influence the outcome of the game and b) called fouls that influenced the play and not those that don't.

The game isn't helped by defenders really being overly aggressive about defending 40 feet from the basket (you could argue that that's actually very poor fundamental defense). But it also isn't helped by the fact that you have every defensive player trying to slide under shooters. I thought that Alford got fouled when he missed the layup in OT and the floater at the end I thought was also a block.

I really miss the old days of basketball where guys really contested at the top for blocks and did so by going straight up. I do like watching the Pups going after the blocks ... but at the same time, they are so fundamentally poor at trying to go after the block at all costs that when they miss they either end up fouling or getting themselves out of position.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,778
    UCLA just lost to the Cuogs.

They beat Kentucky and lose to the dawgs and the Cuogs?!?

What a clusterfuck in Westwood.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2 words:

Steve Alford
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

4 words:

Steve Alford Fucking Sucks
    It was implied, but still.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,469
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You want Howland back yet?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

You want Howland back yet?

Nope.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    A cardboard cutout of Wooden would be a better coach than anyone UCLA has hired recently
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

A cardboard cutout of Wooden would be a better coach than anyone UCLA has hired recently