Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Harbaugh appreciation thread

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Mad_Son said:

This is his first year as coach. He is going to get his guys in there. Michigan is going to return to glory.

Or he'll bolt for the NFL when Carroll retires.

#wishfulthinking
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2016
    topdawgnc said:

Mad_Son said:

This is his first year as coach. He is going to get his guys in there. Michigan is going to return to glory.

#wishfulthinking
    I think Harbaugh's a hell of a coach, but Harbaugh taking over after Carroll would be a disaster.

A hardass coach needs to take over from a) another hardass or b) an unsuccessful player's coach. How could Harbaugh come into Seattle and demand the culture change when the team's had so much success with that culture?

Taking over from the rare player's coach who has had Carroll's success would never work. Now, when the Hooks inevitably hire Quinn or Bradley or Bevell or Richard or whichever Sark assistant they choose to take over for PC and it fails spectacularly, then Harbaugh would be a great choice. But not after PC.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I need to see a championship

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Mad_Son said:

#wishfulthinking
    I think Harbaugh's a hell of a coach, but Harbaugh taking over after Carroll would be a disaster.

A hardass coach needs to take over from a) another hardass or b) an unsuccessful player's coach. How could Harbaugh come into Seattle and demand the culture change when the team's had so much success with that culture?

Taking over from the rare player's coach who has had Carroll's success would never work. Now, when the Hooks inevitably hire Quinn or Bradley or Bevell or Richard or whichever Sark assistant they choose to take over for PC and it fails spectacularly, then Harbaugh would be a great choice. But not after PC.
    That and 12's and Seattle media fucking hate him. As dumb as it sounds, he would never be hired in this Facebook Fan town because he's "the enemy".
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Mad_Son said:

#wishfulthinking

That and 12's and Seattle media fucking hate him. As dumb as it sounds, he would never be hired in this Facebook Fan town because he's "the enemy".
    I fear your right about this town and Harbaugh but my hope would be the smart football minds would say screw the 12's.

Harbaugh isn't coming here, but I will play the game so the list of coaches I would take over him in the pro/college combined game is: Bellichek/Meyer/Saban/Carroll.

So unless your New England/Ohio State/Alabama/Hawks, Harbaugh is a coaching upgrade for you. If the chance to get him comes, you grab it with both hands.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meyer in Seattle would be interesting. Still relatively young but lacking NFL background

And he'd take a pay cut.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

It's going to be tough for them to get past Ohio State. I know it was pre-Harbaugh, but Ohio State has owned Michigan for awhile and Urban Meyer is probably an even better coach than Harbaugh.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Mad_Son said:

It's going to be tough for them to get past Ohio State. I know it was pre-Harbaugh, but Ohio State has owned Michigan for awhile and Urban Meyer is probably an even better coach than Harbaugh.
    Agree. Harbaugh will probably have the 3rd or 4th best team in the country many years, and get cock blocked by the best or second best team in the country in the Meyer led Buckeyes. That's how I see it playing out.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mora is Harbaugh lite. Harbaugh is Saban lite.