Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How to beat this Huskies team

NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
1) Play zone
2) Out-rebound our shit big men
3) Sit back and watch us shoot under 25% from 3

...Christ.

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I just want to remind those who were sucking off AA during the pre-season that now we're about to tip off conference play and he's almost dead on his career numbers after a wonderfully dismal december. He's coming back down to earth. He's going back to being great at getting to the line and making a good portion, but terrible at just about everything else.

Romar has found a way to make these freshman get worse from the initial texas tip off. What is still exciting is that this team has a ridiculously good core for the next couple years providing they can fire romar. If murray stays one year, we get rid of the PG constant vomit coming out of the PG positiion it's exciting to see what we have on the floor. Bring in a coach who wants to press, push the floor, and go after teams with a line up of 8-10 guys every night.

I don't know if we keep fultz, I actually doubt we do. But even sans fultz it's still a great core to be excited about.

I can't believe Dorsey's couch isn't on craigslist by new years. There is no reason the kid shouldn't transfer now and get his cushions in order for a new team. If he can't play in this dumpster fire there is no reason to stick around.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I just want to remind those who were sucking off AA during the pre-season that now we're about to tip off conference play and he's almost dead on his career numbers after a wonderfully dismal december. He's coming back down to earth. He's going back to being great at getting to the line and making a good portion, but terrible at just about everything else.

Romar has found a way to make these freshman get worse from the initial texas tip off. What is still exciting is that this team has a ridiculously good core for the next couple years providing they can fire romar. If murray stays one year, we get rid of the PG constant vomit coming out of the PG positiion it's exciting to see what we have on the floor. Bring in a coach who wants to press, push the floor, and go after teams with a line up of 8-10 guys every night.

I don't know if we keep fultz, I actually doubt we do. But even sans fultz it's still a great core to be excited about.

I can't believe Dorsey's couch isn't on craigslist by new years. There is no reason the kid shouldn't transfer now and get his cushions in order for a new team. If he can't play in this dumpster fire there is no reason to stick around.

If they fire Romar now, the whole team will leave and Fultz will decommit. If you keep Romar, some of the players will stay but the team will suck.

This is why, as I mentioned multiple times, Romar needed to be fired LAST year. A decent coaching hire would have been able to keep at least some of the recruiting class together. Now we either have to deal with Romar and hope some of the players rise above his crap coachin, or fire him and start over from scratch.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Murray has no business going pro until he is probably a junior - nowhere close to ready for the NBA
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

He already signed.
  • Options

He already signed.
    A good number of teams have allowed kids out of LOI's if the coach is fired.
  • Options

He already signed.
    Romar isn't getting fired.

HTH
  • Options

If they fire Romar now, the whole team will leave and Fultz will decommit. If you keep Romar, some of the players will stay but the team will suck.

This is why, as I mentioned multiple times, Romar needed to be fired LAST year. A decent coaching hire would have been able to keep at least some of the recruiting class together. Now we either have to deal with Romar and hope some of the players rise above his crap coachin, or fire him and start over from scratch.
    Disagree on this portion. This team is a lot of kids who aren't going to mass transfer with a new coach. They are all new and can see the talent around themselves. IF UW were to fire romar, let's play the most optimistic, the right coach keeps the vast majority of the players. We all knew a couple of these guys would leave b/c you can't bring in 7,8,9 guys a class and assume they will be happy riding pine the latter 3 years of their careers. Dorsey is gone, I could see at least 1-2 more defections by season's end. Other than that i think they'll stay together(the core group).

Everyone with a brain about baskeball knew this year was the perfect year to get rid of romar. A roster full of freshman, no real expectation for a new coach. An entire season to put in a system with a new team and allow the staff to get buy-in from the squad. The biggest thing, recruit their own guys to fill in gaps on the team that they've seen through the tough 15/16 season. Instead we had to hold on to the sliver of hope that romar could guide 9 freshman to where he couldn't guide 3 first round picks to somehow save his job.

I actually applaud romar for the team he's put together this year. It's too bad he took off about 5 years from recruiting to put together this class, but kudo's to him. It is not a reason to omit his horrendous game day coaching or lack of direction for this program after 13 years.
  • Options

He already signed.

HTH
    I will wager a large sum if this team doesn't make the ncaa's he's fired. He was extremely close to be canned last year and another dismal year, 2k people in the stands, a total abortion of a program and even pool boy will have to make a move.

What's your argument that he wouldn't be canned? B/c the team is "young"?
  • Options

He already signed.

HTH
    I will wager a large sum if this team doesn't make the ncaa's he's fired. He was extremely close to be canned last year and another dismal year, 2k people in the stands, a total abortion of a program and even pool boy will have to make a move.

What's your argument that he wouldn't be canned? B/c the team is "young"?
    They're not making the tourney.

He's not getting fired.

HTH
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

He already signed.
    See Dickerson, Noah.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I was right. AA still sucks
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Zones have been killer. I like Crisp long term, mostly because he's entertaining as fuck, super streaky. I wish Romar would get Green or Dorsey on the floor a bit earlier against these zones. Murray's deep ball is way off at the moment and he needs some serious shooters on the floor to pull these teams out of their zones. I also wish Romar would dial down the pressure a little bit in the half court as the team is getting back doored more than the CEO at a real estate convention. Just play some solid half court d, keep everything infront, ball and man, contest shots, make teams shoot over your length and athleticism. Too many defenders with their backs to the ball.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Zones have been killer. I like Crisp long term, mostly because he's entertaining as fuck, super streaky. I wish Romar would get Green or Dorsey on the floor a bit earlier against these zones. Murray's deep ball is way off at the moment and he needs some serious shooters on the floor to pull these teams out of their zones. I also wish Romar would dial down the pressure a little bit in the half court as the team is getting back doored more than the CEO at a real estate convention. Just play some solid half court d, keep everything infront, ball and man, contest shots, make teams shoot over your length and athleticism. Too many defenders with their backs to the ball.

Romar told Fetters and other's that the back doors are by design as there will be times rotation from other guys will stop/alter shots??

I have never heard a head coach say that is a good thing. Literally first day of 4th grade basketball your taught not to give up a back door on defense.

But hey every coach in his 14th year at the same college goes thru a 4/5 year drought of missing the tourney, especially when you play in the 4th (out of 5) toughest P5 conference in America.