Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,544
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We have to DO something! Checks and balances be damned!
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2015
    Actually saw a guy get arrested once at the Big 5 Sporting Goods in Beaverton trying to buy a gun.

The teller was on the phone a loooooooooooooooooong time with the background check and looked nervous as all get out.....the dumb bastard just hung around the counter.

I stepped outside and two Sheriff Deputies were just to the side of the doors..."are you XXXX XXXXX."

"Nope" and I just kept walking and went to my truck to watch the action. They were in and out in about 20 secs.

What does this have to do with the link? Nothing. Just wanted to share.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Not background checks on more sales. How terrible.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2015
    Terrorists and gangbangers aren't getting their guns from Big 5. HTH.

It's just like the War on Drugs in terms of overall pointless stupidity and waste. But Hondo is for unilaterally expanding federal power even if it's a dumb idea because he's a gimp for the state.
  • Options
    Purple, you are such a fag. Right now people on the terrorist watch list can buy a gun at big 5. A felon can buy one through a private sale. Requiring background checks on those sales makes it harder for criminals to get guns.

But keep clinging to guns and scare tactics, seems to work out well for you so far. I mean you work 70 hours a week to have a few thousand dollars in savings.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    More illegal laws as a 'solution' to make believe problems... But CAIR is happy so there's that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want everyone to have guns because I support tragedy and death. So I use scare tactics to keep the guns in the bad guys hands. That must be it. Or maybe I don't trust the guys who run surveillance on US citizens to decide what's fair and sensible. Or maybe I understand that any REAL terrorist can pull his AK off a shipping container in one of our ports. Or maybe I understand that the resources put into the war on guns will have no real effect on the number of tragedies that occur and that terrorism will still exist in spite of it. Maybe.

Also, savings or petty cash? :smile:
  • Options
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars. @grang
  • Options
    There's 300 million legally owned guns right now. Yes, liberals are trying to ensure only criminals have guns. Are you really that stupid or is this all just a wooossshhh?

Unfortunately I know the answer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

There's 300 million legally owned guns right now. Yes, liberals are trying to ensure only criminals have guns. Are you really that stupid or is this all just a wooossshhh?

And there are probably a billion sitting in foreign countries waiting for the highest cash bidder. HTH.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

You doubt you'd be happy to simoly felonize and incarcerate all those you can as they roll your way. Nobody believes in the immediate confiscation of guns.