Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kiffin is not Sark

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,599
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14442404/lane-kiffin-says-expects-return-alabama-crimson-tide-offensive-coordinator

Kiffin, 40, reached out to Saban for advice the summer before he was fired at USC. The Trojans went 7-6 in 2012, and Saban had just won his second straight national title. They met that July at Saban's house.

"I had 32 questions that I had written out for him and was there taking notes while he's sitting there in his chair," Kiffin recalled. "He was at his lake house, and he flew back and we sat there for three or four hours, and he answered all the questions. People don't understand that about him. He is about helping coaches grow. He is about helping coaches get new jobs and improving."

Kiffin, who owns a 28-15 record as a college coach, would love to be a head coach again, but he said the only thing he can affect is how he's doing in the job he's currently in.

"All I can control is improving as a coach and getting our players ready for games and continue working hard for Coach Saban, and then whatever happens, happens," Kiffin said. "I have a great job, and any time there's any thinking any different, I just remind myself how many people would want to be the offensive coordinator for Nick Saban.

Comments