Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

More Fucktardery from Colin Cowherd

Comments

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Won championships in college and the NFL, case closed.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yeah cause he would know nothing about agendas...
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    What is going on with that faggots eyebrows?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Rip the guy who has won multiple rings as HC, but suck the cock of the guy who hasn't done shit since he was an assistant for said championship winning corch.

Dunthorpe Fucking Stupid.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't argue with his success, but PC I don't think is a all time x's and o's coach. His teams don't play smart (far to many penalties) and end of half and game management for Seahawks hasn't always been best (won't even bring up Super Bowl, but a game at Clink his first/second year here he tried a run from 3 with 11 seconds left before half with no timeouts. Play stuffed clock ran out)

Will say that at SC if you recruit the way he did, then penalties aren't going to matter in 98% of their games, and if you can put together one of the 5 best defenses in the NFL over the last 45 years then the issues above go away as well. But as a fan (esp. in the NFL where the league is designed so every team is 8-7 going into week 16 with a chance) I am hesitant to think my coach or organization's winning formula is to just be that much better than everyone else.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Can't argue with his success, but PC I don't think is a all time x's and o's coach. His teams don't play smart (far to many penalties) and end of half and game management for Seahawks hasn't always been best (won't even bring up Super Bowl, but a game at Clink his first/second year here he tried a run from 3 with 11 seconds left before half with no timeouts. Play stuffed clock ran out)

Will say that at SC if you recruit the way he did, then penalties aren't going to matter in 98% of their games, and if you can put together one of the 5 best defenses in the NFL over the last 45 years then the issues above go away as well. But as a fan (esp. in the NFL where the league is designed so every team is 8-7 going into week 16 with a chance) I am hesitant to think my coach or organization's winning formula is to just be that much better than everyone else.

He's as good of defensive coach as there is. He was a very good DC that coached a lot of good defenses before becoming a head coach.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Best Five defenses? There's the 2013 / 2014 Seahawks and the '85 Bears tied for first. Everyone else falls behind them.
    godawgst said:

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Best Five defenses? There's the 2013 / 2014 Seahawks and the '85 Bears tied for first. Everyone else falls behind them.

The Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1970s had pretty good defenses. You know, 4 Super Bowl victories.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

Carroll is an elite talent evaluator, elite talent developer, and elite motivator and handler of personality. He's very good X's and O's (if by X's and O's you mean schemes and play calling, which is what I mean by it). The two areas he's not excellent in are penalties (which have gotten significantly better and in the Hooks case are partially a natural biproduct of an ultra aggressive culture) and clock management.

When you're awesome at everything else you can be bad at clock management and still be one hell of a coach.

Dude won a Super Bowel with Marshawn Lynch, Earl Thomas, a 5'11" second year QB and a team full of no names. They're that much better than everyone else because he made them that much better than everyone else.
    This
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

Carroll is an elite talent evaluator, elite talent developer, and elite motivator and handler of personality. He's very good X's and O's (if by X's and O's you mean schemes and play calling, which is what I mean by it). The two areas he's not excellent in are penalties (which have gotten significantly better and in the Hooks case are partially a natural biproduct of an ultra aggressive culture) and clock management.

When you're awesome at everything else you can be bad at clock management and still be one hell of a coach.

Dude won a Super Bowel with Marshawn Lynch, Earl Thomas, a 5'11" second year QB and a team full of no names. They're that much better than everyone else because he made them that much better than everyone else.
    He won a SB that him and Schneider built with a top 5 defense since 1970. (Bears/Ravens/Vikings late 60's/early 70's/Steel Curtain in 70's are the other 4 I put in the group).

Two years later they are a KJ Wright "touched" ball out of the endzone against Detroit on Monday night from being 8-7, and as great as the last two defenses have been, we are Richard Sherman being one inch shorter and Green Bay self destructing away from talking about the Hawks only being able to get to the NFC Championship game.

My point was if you are a head coach of a 8 team mount rushmore program in college (and USC is in that group) then the plan of being of just being that much better than everyone else is just fine. In the NFL that plan is going to fail many more times than it works.

But the point of the post was Cowherd and how full of shit he is. That's obvious, but part of his shtick is to say things outlandish to get people to vehemently disagree and continue to listen to see what he says next. Colin is loud, opinionated, and pompous, but he's not stupid. He knows what he's saying and doing.
  • Options
    godawgst said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

He won a SB that him and Schneider built with a top 5 defense since 1970. (Bears/Ravens/Vikings late 60's/early 70's/Steel Curtain in 70's are the other 4 I put in the group).

Two years later they are a KJ Wright "touched" ball out of the endzone against Detroit on Monday night from being 8-7, and as great as the last two defenses have been, we are Richard Sherman being one inch shorter and Green Bay self destructing away from talking about the Hawks only being able to get to the NFC Championship game.

My point was if you are a head coach of a 8 team mount rushmore program in college (and USC is in that group) then the plan of being of just being that much better than everyone else is just fine. In the NFL that plan is going to fail many more times than it works.
    Jeepers!
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,005
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I had a family member over Christmas tell me that John Schneider was one of the 5 best executives in the history of the NFL... I asked does Ron Wolfe trade first round picks for Jimmy Graham and Percy Harvin and draft Paul Richardson or Christine Michael in the second rounds?

I give Carroll all of the credit and Schneider very little.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

But the point of the post was Cowherd and how full of shit he is. That's obvious, but part of his shtick is to say things outlandish to get people to vehemently disagree and continue to listen to see what he says next. Colin is loud, opinionated, and pompous, but he's not stupid. He knows what he's saying and doing.
    Bill Belichick is a tuck rule call away from being a nobody too. Luck is pretty important in the NFL.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

godawgst said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

Bill Belichick is a tuck rule call away from being a nobody too. Luck is pretty important in the NFL.
    well ...

there were the five subsequent Super Bowls after that one ...

• Options
    Bob_C said:

I had a family member over Christmas tell me that John Schneider was one of the 5 best executives in the history of the NFL... I asked does Ron Wolfe trade first round picks for Jimmy Graham and Percy Harvin and draft Paul Richardson or Christine Michael in the second rounds?

I give Carroll all of the credit and Schneider very little.

According to both of them Schneider was the one who fell in love with Russell Wilson. Carroll's great, but this is just a perennial wild card team without Wilson. And that's without giving him any credit for trading for Lynch, signing Bennett, drafting Sherman, Chancellor, managing the cap well enough to resign virtually every important player, etc. I agree Carroll deserves a ton of the credit. Schneider's made some mistakes, and top 5 all time is ridiculous, but he's probably a top 5 current exec. He's damn good.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    Standard Supporter
    Who was the one who brought in Matt Flynn from GB and signed him?

It seems like Schneider has has some whiffs with drafting players in the first few rounds but what GM hasn't? I used to question that the Hawks would trade down and acquire more picks in the later rounds - now I hope to see it every draft.
  • Options
    LaZoris said:

It seems like Schneider has has some whiffs with drafting players in the first few rounds but what GM hasn't? I used to question that the Hawks would trade down and acquire more picks in the later rounds - now I hope to see it every draft.

Schneider did, but he signed him to a deal that was very easy to part with when they found somebody better. Flynn sucks but that signing didn't hurt them much. If anything it at least made Russell have to earn the starting job instead of having it given to him, which I think helped the team respect the rookie QB more.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

LaZoris said:

Schneider did, but he signed him to a deal that was very easy to part with when they found somebody better. Flynn sucks but that signing didn't hurt them much. If anything it at least made Russell have to earn the starting job instead of having it given to him, which I think helped the team respect the rookie QB more.
    I wouldnt' even consider Flynn a bad deal. The Seahawks didn't have a starting QB and Flynn had just thrown for 500 yards in a game. They took a chance of Flynn being a legitimate QB stuck behind Aaron Rodgers.

If we are talking bad QB deals, Charlie Whitehurst was worse. Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham were both awful deals, no argument there.

Pete deserves most of the credit, but Schneider is really good. The Seahawks have drafted and developed than just about every team since Carroll and Schneider came on board.