Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

College Football Attendance Down For Fifth Straight Year

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25418087/college-football-attendance-drops-for-fifth-straight-year-but-at-slower-rate

Factors in Bill's opinion and possibly the author's:

HD 150 inch TV
Bad OOC games
Price Increases/required donations
THIS economy?
Student loan debt (for people under 35 mostly probably)
general faggyness/Marinerization/assault on tradition (it's probably happening all over)

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Perhaps all the new International students don't have the same level of interest in football American students do.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Perhaps all the new International students don't have the same level of interest in football American students do.

agreed

They'd rather protest because the Indian and Chinese food at the cafeteria isn't authentic enough
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Nobody plays anyone non conference. People would show up if the ad's weren't such fags. Neutral field games at the beginning of the year also cut into it.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Conference championships.

Almost every conference has one so ADs are worried about doing an A game OOC when they'll have to play another A game in the Conference Championship if they win their division.

At least we do a home and home with Michigan in 2020 and 2021.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Good article. I don't think I'm going to renew my season tickets next year. While the poor game day experience bothers me, it's not the deal breaker, nor are the price increases...it's the number of shitty out of conference teams. One or even two cupcakes are fine, but I want at least one SEC/Big 10 match up.

I know it's not going to happen, but I can still dream.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,877
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Obviously they need to schedule more games on Black Friday.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2015
    Kiss Cam, Some faggy bullshit the crowd does together before the 4th quarter ripping off Wisconsin's "Jump Around", dragging out relics to be recognized for being decent decades ago, the stupid car race on the big screen so a kid can win $100 worth of free gas, people being yelled at for standing up, being able to text security when the guy next to you cares a little too much and gets angry at your coach being a fucktard, etc, etc.

I'll give my high water mark. We had great seats at Autzen since 1990. Zero riff raff or random people were ever near us because for the price you pay for them it was for serious fans. I think it was 2013, it's the Oregon/UW game. It's the one game I'm always excited for. I get to my seats the second they let you into the stadium to watch warm-ups like I always have.

About thirty minutes later this geriatric couple comes and sits next to me and the old guy asks me; "Now, is Oregon usually a pretty gold team?"

That did it. I went to the Sparty game and a Stanford game with the wife to show her Autzen once (never include your wife in things you love, she will ruin in, period) since then. I let our tickets go this year and didn't go to one game.

Every major sporting event is the same everywhere in this country now. They can have it.