Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coogs using Slick Rick's recruiting strategy

The Coogs have 6 WRs committed in this year's class to add to the 5 they took last year. Looking at their classes since Leach took over, they've taken 4, 4, 3, 5, and now 6 WRs. There's probably been some attrition but that's over 20 scholarships going to a single position.

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To be fair, when you're using 3-5 wide receiver sets every play you need more bodies. It's still ridiculous, but it's not quite as bad.

Whoever inherits the program post leach is going to be screwed.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No doubt.

Cause I'm sure that the Cougs will bring in a Coach that will run a read option or wishbone offense when Leach leaves.

It would suck for a Coach to inherit a top 10 WR corps. Just terrible. You should probably look at how many Olineman he's recruited before ya throw the slick comparison. But that would be something a Doog wouldn't think to do. So I get it.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

The Coogs have 6 WRs committed in this year's class to add to the 5 they took last year. Looking at their classes since Leach took over, they've taken 4, 4, 3, 5, and now 6 WRs. There's probably been some attrition but that's over 20 scholarships going to a single position.

Bro, have you seen cuog wr's knees and ankles, gotta stock up.

But yes in reality there has been attrition. And anyone who doesn't see the field usually is tried at cb if they are a slot. Otherwise some transfer. At least one transfers, occaisonally two, and others try the defensive side each year. In the air raid it makes sense.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

No doubt.

Cause I'm sure that the Cougs will bring in a Coach that will run a read option or wishbone offense when Leach leaves.

It would suck for a Coach to inherit a top 10 WR corps. Just terrible. You should probably look at how many Olineman he's recruited before ya throw the slick comparison. But that would be something a Doog wouldn't think to do. So I get it.

You sound defensive.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

No doubt.

The Seahawks rode their top 10 receiving corps to the super bowl twice! Oh wait...