Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark asked about Josh Garnett.

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,546 Founders Club
    We have no idea what is going on in that regard. For all we know, he was up late last night having a fight with his wife about the prospect of relocating. We don't know.

Or maybe he's keenly aware that he won't be looked at as a genius a couple weeks from now.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    or up all night talking to his agent and then waiting for call backs after his agent talks to SC and so on as they work on a deal. i expect no matter how it goes down we'll get some free pub!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,004
    edited October 2013
    Passion said:

During a post-practice interview, he shrugged off the question. Almost acted like he didn't know who Garnett is. (3:10 mark): blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/?from=stnv2

honestly, what the fuck is he supposed to do? so after talking about the Furd front seven for 5 fucking minutes, some idiot walks up and asks, "so what kind of challenge does their front seven present?" frankly most other coaches would have told him to go fuck himself and get to work on time - next time. if anything he was nice by saying "sorry bud I just answered that question." imagine Parcells fielding that one.

then some dumb fuck asks him if what Garnett is doing at Stanford is what he envisioned him doing here? it's a loaded fucking question and, again, I ask you to imagine a guy like Parcells taking that one. what the fuck? "uh, no not at all. I envisioned him competing with Keith for time under fucking center." what the fuck else would we have envisioned? we recruited him for obvious reasons and he didn't come. what else could the guy have been fishing for?

look I'm all about poking shit at the coach, but sometimes you guys try too hard.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,546 Founders Club
    Parcells has won multiple Super Bowls.
  • Passion said:

During a post-practice interview, he shrugged off the question. Almost acted like he didn't know who Garnett is. (3:10 mark): blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/?from=stnv2

honestly, what the fuck is he supposed to do? so after talking about the Furd front seven for 5 fucking minutes, some idiot walks up and asks, "so what kind of challenge does their front seven present?" frankly most other coaches would have told him to go fuck himself and get to work on time - next time. if anything he was nice by saying "sorry bud I just answered that question." imagine Parcells fielding that one.

then some dumb fuck asks him if what Garnett is doing at Stanford is what he envisioned him doing here? it's a loaded fucking question and, again, I ask you to imagine a guy like Parcells taking that one. what the fuck? "uh, no not at all. I envisioned him competing with Keith for time under fucking center." what the fuck else would we have envisioned? we recruited him for obvious reasons and he didn't come. what else could the guy have been fishing for?

look I'm all about poking shit at the coach, but sometimes you guys try too hard.
    I would have loved to see them do that line of questioning to a Saban or Chip. Would have been some great sound bites.

Even Mike Leach would have had a field day with those questions too.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    This is how a tuff coach answers media inquirrieieesss at a presser and gets a program some good FREE PUB!!!!:

bit.ly/1fGYwF3
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Parcells has won multiple Super Bowls.

Yep. Need to see a championship.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Passion said:

The question about Josh Garnett, if it was asked, was intended as an attempt probably by a sodbuster to embarrass Sark and Husky Football before a big road game and it sounds like Sark responded appropriately with little or nothing to say. Lately, our young head coach-in-training is I think doing a little better job not allowing himself to be baited by the media. Perhaps this is coming with some success on the field and even though he still talks way too much to piranha breaths who will hammer him unmercifully should he win enough at UW to achieve celebtity status, can we now see any trend towards Sark becoming the astute coach we need? Probably dreaming.