Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Syrian Refugee's arrested in America

Comments

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    I don't really think it's about sensitivity. It's about who we are as a country.

If you want to be a coward and not help people that's fine. In fact it falls in line with how a lot people think these days. Police kill people before their lives are put in danger. So if that's who you are ok.

Personally this is a lesson I learned after 9/11 with the Patriot Act. My morals and values, what's right and what's wrong, don't change because I'm scared.

Maybe some these refugees are terrorists or become terrorists. Maybe they kill people and maybe I'm one of those people. I would rather die doing what's right then live as a cowering pussy bullied by a bunch of goat fuckers halfway around the world.

These people need help. We can help them. We should help them.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

I don't really think it's about sensitivity. It's about who we are as a country.

If you want to be a coward and not help people that's fine. In fact it falls in line with how a lot people think these days. Police kill people before their lives are put in danger. So if that's who you are ok.

Personally this is a lesson I learned after 9/11 with the Patriot Act. My morals and values, what's right and what's wrong, don't change because I'm scared.

Maybe some these refugees are terrorists or become terrorists. Maybe they kill people and maybe I'm one of those people. I would rather die doing what's right then live as a cowering pussy bullied by a bunch of goat fuckers halfway around the world.

I see your point to a degree. Politicians, specifically the president as this is who this issue is pertaining to, are not elected to be humanitarians, they were elected to protect the people they serve.
    If in the 100,000 (or whatever it will be) refugees they take, 50 end up being terrorists and commit 2-3 acts of terror that end up killing 200-250 combined Americans, is it worth it? It's a really coldhearted way of looking at things, but it's a risk you need to consider
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    Pretty simple. If you can't vet immigrants/refugees, they don't get in. Our social systems, particularly schools and health care, can't afford to open the floodgates any more than they already are.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    the 200 to 250 is a generous estimation, but you have to consider the worst case scenario (which is probably even worse than that)
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    I'm just curious. When I Google this, this is the only website reporting this story. A British website. Along with couple conservative sites referencing this story.

Doesn't that seem odd to anyone else?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    We should have the entire world move here and surround them with our kind heartedness, food, shelter, cell phones, cable tv, education, healthcare, social security disability, social security retirement but NO FREE CARS!!! ... but perhaps a free Orca card or free Uber codes...something like that.
    Two years is too long.

Can't we just move them all to Kent now? ... make them watch a do's and don'ts video and require them to phone in occasionally till there* cleared
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958
    I am not so worried about the terrorist part. Almost all of the refugees (even though many of the people entering Europe are not from Syria, but that is besides the point) just want to improve their lives. But Europe, especially, must worry about whether they can assimilate such a large influx of population. Why cultural hegemony is not a legitimate reason to limit immigration I am not sure (probably because people think it is racist or feel guilt that they are in a well-off country).
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Fuck all this. We can't take care of the people already in this country. Why do we need more? How are we paying for this? We have 50,000 homeless vets that get fucked over daily. But hey, let's give others all the benefits vets deserve and continue to fuck vets over. What kind of message is that?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside though! I can like all my friends Facebook posts and they can like mine!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'm very conflicted on this and I have gone back and forth, but I'm pretty sure I agree with you. Well said.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    America is asked to police the world and now people questioning whether refugee's should be let it in is a coward proposition?

There are certainly already homegrown ISIS sympathizers in this country. Outsiders and destitute individuals are what ISIS goes after. How do you think the living conditions will be here for the refugee's?

How many of you would step up and house people? I would venture to guess zero of you.

An attack similar to Paris is coming to America. Just wait till three of four of the attacker's are refugee's.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    2001400ex said:

I'm just curious. When I Google this, this is the only website reporting this story. A British website. Along with couple conservative sites referencing this story.

Doesn't that seem odd to anyone else?

Google is your source? Come on bro.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    jecornel said:

How many of you would step up and house people? I would venture to guess zero of you.

/thread
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,703 Founders Club
    jecornel said:
    Why are you afraid of women with no clits and their little angels?
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,703 Founders Club

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside though! I can like all my friends Facebook posts and they can like mine!

Facebook is for faggots
    jecornel said:

America is asked to police the world and now people questioning whether refugee's should be let it in is a coward proposition?

There are certainly already homegrown ISIS sympathizers in this country. Outsiders and destitute individuals are what ISIS goes after. How do you think the living conditions will be here for the refugee's?

An attack similar to Paris is coming to America. Just wait till three of four of the attacker's are refugee's.

I live a zero residual carbon footprint lifestyle. I don't have extra room... but, I can identify 500 houses and apartments by the end of the day that DO have room... cars, too. Hotels and resort rooms, too. Don't get me started on all the empty staterooms on yachts.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,492 Standard Supporter

Facebook is for faggots
    Hurtful