Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Penn State fired their OC

Because they care about winning.

Anytime you're ready Petermen...

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    richt is looking for a job?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You going to fire a guy who just put 45 on the coogs?!
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm not a fan of Babushka, but the stats say ...

PSU's offense ranking - 105 in yards, 100 in points
    UW's offense ranking - 67 in yards, 61 in points

Both are shitty. But one is considerably worse.

Oh, and PSU's QB, Hackenberg, is a JR, in his 3rd year at starting QB. Their OL is quite a bit more experienced as well, and there is no way their WRs are worse than ours.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

Oh, and PSU's QB, Hackenberg, is a JR, in his 3rd year at starting QB. Their OL is quite a bit more experienced as well, and there is no way their WRs are worse than ours.

Their OL is terrible and Hackenberg sucks, regardless of his lofty ranking. Sean Mannion was twice the QB Hackenberg is.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

Their OL is terrible and Hackenberg sucks, regardless of his lofty ranking. Sean Mannion was twice the QB Hackenberg is.
    Cherry picking a poast to fit a narrative. Go figure.

Their OL and Hackenberg (who will be drafted) may suck, but they are certainly more experienced. Wait, our OL is terrible and Browning sucks as well. Right? At the end of the day, their offense was significantly more experienced and performed significantly worse than our offense. Firing their OC is not a surprise. But equating the situation at PSU to the situation at UW is fucking stupid. And you know that.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

You going to fire a guy who just put 45 24 on the coogs?!

but I don't think he gives a fuck about winning.
    Why is this shit getting upvoted?

absolutely fucking retarded
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Doogles said:

Never, ever would we ever.

It's a fucking joke, but there's no way we fire him.

If we cared about football, we would find out the guy that Eason had the best connection with on GA's staff and DAO the Boosh and hire the guy from UGA tomorrow.

And we'd make lil' Jakey fucking earn the starting spot (he clearly didn't have to this year).

But Pete is a stubborn POS, so he won't.

I hope the stubbornness pays off, but I don't think he gives a fuck about winning.
    I just disagree with your all out hatred for CP. I think he's done some shitty things this year, as well as hold on to smeeth, but everyone thought this year was a 4 win season(o/u) and we ended up having a chance to win 8 or 9 this season with this team. I just don't agree he's horrible. I don't like smeeth or his gameplan and I expect them to adjust something especially after gaskin emerged in the AC.

Listening to us idiots, especially during game days when we're drinking idiots posting on the boards about every play isn't stubborn. He has a plan and for many purposes there is a lot of good direction of the program. For all the shit we give for offense, he should get credit for the defense, the recruits on defense and highing coaches who are putting a sick defense together.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845

Doogles said:

Never, ever would we ever.

It's a fucking joke, but there's no way we fire him.

If we cared about football, we would find out the guy that Eason had the best connection with on GA's staff and DAO the Boosh and hire the guy from UGA tomorrow.

And we'd make lil' Jakey fucking earn the starting spot (he clearly didn't have to this year).

But Pete is a stubborn POS, so he won't.

I hope the stubbornness pays off, but I don't think he gives a fuck about winning.
    I just disagree with your all out hatred for CP. I think he's done some shitty things this year, as well as hold on to smeeth, but everyone thought this year was a 4 win season(o/u) and we ended up having a chance to win 8 or 9 this season with this team. I just don't agree he's horrible. I don't like smeeth or his gameplan and I expect them to adjust something especially after gaskin emerged in the AC.

Listening to us idiots, especially during game days when we're drinking idiots posting on the boards about every play isn't stubborn. He has a plan and for many purposes there is a lot of good direction of the program. For all the shit we give for offense, he should get credit for the defense, the recruits on defense and highing coaches who are putting a sick defense together.

A pic or link to naked Keeley would bolster your case.
  • Options
    skookumskookum Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Smiff has a nice endorsement deal from a major candy company. Jolly Rancher spokesman Roger Overandout said Jonathan Smith is the perfect fit for the new campaign:

• Options
    skookumskookum Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2015
    he even looks the part of a Jolly Rancher. There's a shit eating grin if I ever saw one. Must be thinking "house money!"
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    skookum said:

he even looks the part of a Jolly Rancher. There's a shit eating grin if I ever saw one. Must be thinking "house money!"

Free mother fucking pub!
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Since you asked, I was worried about Peterman at first.

Now... maybe. I think that you can make an argument that he's teaching football fundamentals, and that @He_Needs_More_Time.

He might also just be another Boise State superstar in the big league.

Also, I want to meet this girl, slip ketamine into her drink, and do terrible things to her butthole:

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited November 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

@HuskyInAZ and @HeretoBeatmyChest only like to use ADVANCED METRICS when it suits their argument

PSU Offensive SRS = 77th (-0.35)
    UW Offensive SRS = 96th (-4.02)

metrics say PSU is significantly better offense
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2015
    Houhusky said:

HuskyInAZ said:

@HuskyInAZ and @HeretoBeatmyChest only like to use ADVANCED METRICS when it suits their argument

PSU Offensive SRS = 77th (-0.35)
    UW Offensive SRS = 96th (-4.02)

metrics say PSU is significantly better offense
    MisterEm said:

skookum said:

Free mother fucking pub!
    MisterEm said:

skookum said:

Free mother fucking pub!
    That facial expression resembles mine about 1.8 seconds after I orgasm.