Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I think I fit in around here...

We were up for 3 quarters.

Called by our FS coaching staff:
- Browning...52 pass attempts and 10 rushing attempts (all of which were passing calls he ran on)...62 total pass play calls
- Gaskin...18 carries
- Total running plays called...24.

But how is Peterman not a waiting for retirement/kinda burned out coach, and how is SmithFS not the dumbest MF out there.

And eff Jude and Caple for not calling them out on FS playcalling (I didn't bother checking, but I'm sure they didn't).

Eff it all...can we import some Syrian refugees into Seattle?

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

What makes our favorite coaches so great is that they demand tough, physical play. That is where it all begins for Saban, Meyer, Dantonio, Harbaugh, etc. The same went for Don James. It's true for David Shaw. We see it a little bit on defense although they still have some loser in them.

Petersen is a scheme guy. So was Sark. They talk about playing physical football, but it's kind of lip service too. If you can't see that, you're blind.

We lost this game before it was played. The identity of the offense is cute motions and shifts instead of lining up and beating the shit out of the guy in front of you. If we would have exerted some will on ASU, and banged them every other play instead of once every five plays, they would have folded like a cheap suit.

Two years into this, what is our offensive identity? Oh yea we don't have one.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

What makes our favorite coaches so great is that they demand tough, physical play. That is where it all begins for Saban, Meyer, Dantonio, Harbaugh, etc. The same went for Don James. It's true for David Shaw. We see it a little bit on defense although they still have some loser in them.

Petersen is a scheme guy. So was Sark. They talk about playing physical football, but it's kind of lip service too. If you can't see that, you're blind.

We lost this game before it was played. The identity of the offense is cute motions and shifts instead of lining up and beating the shit out of the guy in front of you. If we would have exerted some will on ASU, and banged them every other play instead of once every five plays, they would have folded like a cheap suit.

What a sobering post.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

17-0 felt like 3-0.

I loved how no one was confident in the game thread

As soon as it was 17-10 we knew the game was over
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

17-0 felt like 3-0.

I loved how no one was confident in the game thread

As soon as it was 17-10 we knew the game was over