Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When's the Last Time November Mattered?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2015

It's not even the end of October when we fall out of contention. We usually play Oregon in early October and lose 3 straight. Depending on who you lose to you can't have 2 losses and win the North and we always lose early to the wrong teams.

We can't beat ASU or Oregon. Have a gameday championship over Stanford but then all losses. Beat USC three times but all meaningless. Can't beat UCLA anymore. (never could)

The poor coogs never get a chance to ruin our season anymore. This year we find a way to lose to Cal. We're 1-2 and out of it by early October

This is a really good point I never considered. We don't just lose a lot of games the last decade +, we always lose to the wrong teams to ensure we are not in any contention for anything by late October. I just restated what you said and I don't know why. But good point. I'm done here.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    1963. Dallas.

Too soon?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Semi OT rant/comment:

Went down to the IMA to play hoops on Friday (shell of its former self) and this midget Asian kid thought that he was playing on my team because he asked me who had next and after saying that I had game he said who else do we have (you'd think that he'd know better) assuming that I had picked him up when I hadn't (and in fact told him to talk to my other buddy who was responsible for the pickups. Get on the court with our 5 (+ him) and when he realizes that he's the odd man out he drops into a "I can't believe you'd do me like that and YOU DON'T EVEN GO HERE" pissing match.

But that pretty much sums up the current attitude around the entire school where winning is not valued and participation and inclusion is.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    KEEP MY STATS, ASIAN!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm always gonna be a fan. I grew up a few miles away and walked to school on Chatch's st with other kids back when moron helicopter parents were the weirdos.

I wondered why everyone gushed over DJ when the Dawgs went 6-4-1 and played Tulane in a shit pre Xmas bowl, then realized why a few years later.

All the enthusiasm is gone until -we- do something meaningful though. I guess it's hard but I'm told by Doogs to stop bitching about 4-5 and see the big picture. Unfortunately small incremental progress, while good, needs to lead to winning the division. Its hard to be patient and enjoy the ride when we're on coach 4 since Rick and we've been told that for 12 years.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

He will never say that while the season is still going ...

I admire CP's comportment.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2015

Swaye said:

I was 6 years old when we won beat Purdue in the Rose Bowl. I vaguely remember it. I don't even go to UW (read: was rejected by UW). I've witnessed the worst era in Husky Football history, been told by the school I wasn't good enough, and for some fucking reason still give enough of a shit to spend time and money on the shit product they put out there year in and year out.

Fuck... I think that says more about me than it does them.

Edit: yet Cougs will say "you don't even go there" like it's been some fucking joyride for the last 15 years. The high point of Husky football for me has been....??? the USC win in 09? Holiday Bowl win over Nebraska to go 7-6? And both meant nothing. Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everybody.

I don't know what's worse....having seen success and then falling down into the cellar, or having never seen it at all.

Deep thoughts from a drunk...
    I remember thinking after owen12 that "when" Husky football is back, it'll be so sweet because I sat through all the losing. 7 years later and I'm wondering if I'll ever see a dominant UW team in my lifetime. Or if I'll still care by the time they get there.

And I change my answer, Locker lighting Syracuse up in his first game was probably the peak. He was gonna take us to a Rose Bowl, I was fucking sure of it.
    But you got to experience owen 12 all over again.
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

It's just become a back drop for a vacation here and there. This is the first year that I did not attend and home game in September since 1989. I'm going to three away games and only one home game this year.

Any time you can spend your vacations in such vacation hotbeds as Norman, Oklahoma and South Bend, Indiana to watch anal rapings it's special
    Those are literally just "day side trips" for me. I do so much more on those trips. It's the people that fly in and out for that one game are the fucktards.