Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pick a side

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2015
    There is no side in this that will matter. UW hasn't been a good program since 1992. There was one miracle season where the right felons were lined up at the right time in 2000, but they still lost to Oregon.

UW tried the Larry Coker with Lambo and failed. They hired the hot young name and it was fairly mediocre besides 2000 and looked to be unraveling. They gave an offensive genius a try in Gilby, and it failed. They hired the molder of men and it was awful. They hired the hot young name again. Given the reality of the program he was pretty successful but mediocre in terms of conference and national perspective.

This last hire was one of the last options; The legendary mid-major coach and thus far it is a flop. There is nowhere else to go. An actual established big name Power 5 coach is never coming to UW.

The only option left is a Power 5 retread. A Mike Leach or Rich Rod type. Greg Schiano comes to mind as a strong option.

If we are being honest: UW = Minnesota
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I've been consistently on the burn Pete and Smith at the 50 side.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Mosster47 said:

There is no side in this that will matter. UW hasn't been a good program since 1992. There was one miracle season where the right felons were lined up at the right time in 2000, but they still lost to Oregon.

UW tried the Larry Coker with Lambo and failed. They hired the hot young name and it was fairly mediocre besides 2000 and looked to be unraveling. They gave an offensive genius a try in Gilby, and it failed. They hired the molder of men and it was awful. They hired the hot young name again. Given the reality of the program he was pretty successful but mediocre in terms of conference and national perspective.

This last hire was one of the last options; The legendary mid-major coach and thus far it is a flop. There is nowhere else to go. An actual established big name Power 5 coach is never coming to UW.

The only option left is a Power 5 retread. A Mike Leach or Rich Rod type. Greg Schiano comes to mind as a strong option.

If we are being honest: UW = Minnesota

Look at how pathetic that coaching history is the last 15 years... It's a fucking joke.

I hate to say it but pete will get at least 3 years at this thing his way... May even have smith for all 3 years too.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I don't hate him. I don't hate Sark or Ty (but there's some dislike).

He's probably a good guy.

I hate losing. I throw tantrums like a four year old and then get scolded by Doog friends. So start winning Petersen.

Saying you didn't hate ty is a lie. How could anyone possibly not hate ty Willingham after he destroyed the program and was a complete asshole in doing it
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

I hate losing. I throw tantrums like a four year old and then get scolded by Doog friends. So start winning Petersen.

Saying you didn't hate ty is a lie. How could anyone possibly not hate ty Willingham after he destroyed the program and was a complete asshole in doing it
    dhdawg said:

He's a smug, incompetent prick, but I don't want to physically harm the guy or do the courageous act of harassing him online. He's gone and there's nothing we can do about it. Plus, who kept him? It was Turner and Emmert's job to step up and can his ass after '07, or just not hire him in the first place. That's not to mention the thousands of Doogs who wanted to keep him, Shaun Alexander, Jerry Brewer, Gasbag, NAACP guy etc. There's plenty of blame to go around here.

I don't know him personally. There are a few people I know or knew, who I do hate. I send them hate mail and death threats.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2015
    Here is why I hate Pete. That awww geeze shucks bullshit when we've been absolutely butt fucked by the refs doesn't fly with me.

The guy getting paid millions needs to show more emotion than an asshole in his mom's basement when it comes to getting raped by the Zebras. Fucking grab these incompetent fucks by the nuts and shame them publicly.

I'm fucking sick of this shit. I shouldn't care more than the head coach.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

Here is why I hate Pete. That awww geeze shucks bullshit when we've been absolutely butt fucked by the refs doesn't fly with me.

The guy getting paid millions needs to show more emotion than an asshole in his mom's basement when it comes to getting raped by the Zebras. Fucking grab these incompetent fucks by the nuts and shame them publicly.

I'm fucking sick of this shit. I shouldn't care more than the head coach.

fucking this. Nick Saban would have been raising holy hell
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    skookum said:

That's Texas for you in a nutshell
  • Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I hate Husky Football
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

I hate Peterman. I hate losing. I hate you. I hate me. I came closing to kicking my cat but was saved by a moment of comportment

Can I upvote the post but flag for having a cat?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2015
    phineas said:

I've consistently hated petersen every week. People were hating me because of my hate. Haters gonna hate

Harv would hate on the haters for hating on you for hating and then hate himself for caring. Then he would block you on Twitter. That's next level hate.