Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Well, we have Brandon Wellington and Camilo Eifler in this class, so it was a long shot for him to get an offer from us, especially after the 70 LBs we took last year like BBK and Bartlett.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass but Wellington and Eifler look like sure bets.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah and the staff took a lot of LBs last year, 3 of whom are redshirting (BBK and Bartlett playing, while Manu, Beaver, and Justiss Warren are redshirting).

Back in the day of 105 scholarships, I do wonder if he would've gotten an offer.

Well, we have Brandon Wellington and Camilo Eifler in this class, so it was a long shot for him to get an offer from us, especially after the 70 LBs we took last year like BBK and Bartlett.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass but Wellington and Eifler look like sure bets.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Ben Butt-Kavin'"

A Haiku by theknowledge

200 pounds, speed
    Blown off the ball by MEN
    He sure is smart though
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    He had something like 5 tackles in 17 snaps @ Stanford...not bad for a true frosh.

He's going to be a good player.

"Ben Butt-Kavin'"

A Haiku by theknowledge

200 pounds, speed
    He sure is smart though

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

He had something like 5 tackles in 17 snaps @ Stanford...not bad for a true frosh.

He's going to be a good player.

"Ben Butt-Kavin'"

A Haiku by theknowledge

200 pounds, speed
    He sure is smart though

Remember, it's hard. He might be good or his slight shoulders may cave to superior athletes over the long haul. See: Gilliam, Addison.
  • Options

"Ben Butt-Kavin'"

A Haiku by theknowledge

200 pounds, speed
    He sure is smart though

I take it you'd rather have Constantine, Lawyer, or Wooshing?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He may be Scooby Wright for all I know, just saying that if he plays in more games than he sits due to injury I will be surprised. And yes, I used Wright and Gilliam as an examples because they are white and injured.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If you're going to bash a true freshman for his play, why pick a guy who is playing better than the junior and senior (Constantine and Lawyer) ahead of him on the depth chart?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Can a Welker type
    Play linebacker or is it
    Just at receiver?

Welker type can play DE - Dissly
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I don't like losing a Pac 12 caliber guy from in state. I just don't like it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

So we should offer every in state guy that Colorado, Oregon State, and Wazzu offers?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Read the po

So we should offer every in state guy that Colorado, Oregon State, and Wazzu offers?
    Would be a treat to see Sefo look even worse in Smiffs offense. He would be legendarily hated on these boards for being a Husky.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    TE Issac Garcia aka Sammy Long to the Beavs too. They are raiding our state of players UW doesn't want.
  • Options

TE Issac Garcia aka Sammy Long to the Beavs too. They are raiding our state of players UW doesn't want.

I respect Gary Andersen for what he did at Utah State (finishing #16 in 2012) and at Wisconsin (going 13-3 in conference), so these moves are a bit curious considering how he is able to identify and develop talent.

The most impressive aspect of his recruiting thus far is flipping former Cal commit 4* S Thompson and another 4* S Wallace from Texas, so he is drawing in better talent than Riley ever did.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I respect Gary Andersen for what he did at Utah State (finishing #16 in 2012) and at Wisconsin (going 13-3 in conference), so these moves are a bit curious considering how he is able to identify and develop talent.

The most impressive aspect of his recruiting thus far is flipping former Cal commit 4* S Thompson and another 4* S Wallace from Texas, so he is drawing in better talent than Riley ever did.
    I think he's going to do well at Oregon State. He's a clear upgrade over Riley.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I gave a cursory glance to their class last year and what they have so far. He's a very good coach and if he stays they will be a good team in 2-3 years.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I gave a cursory glance to their class last year and what they have so far. He's a very good coach and if he stays they will be a good team he'll be at USC in 2-3 years.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Pete decides he wants him in late January, I'm sure he'd probably flip. But according to Ektard they only have 1 more spot or something.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183

Can a Welker type
    Play linebacker or is it
    Just at receiver?

I know you are being sarcastic but he's a younger/smaller Scooby Wright.

He is tough like Butkus