Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Browning: Doog Legend

EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,475
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
I love how after one game of him bring hurt, doogs are talking about how much better we? would be if Browning was playing. It's amazing how fast they forget how fucking terrible he's been. News flash: all our QBs blow. Jonathan Smith is probably the best QB in the program. Think about that. Fuck.

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    There is minimal, if any difference, between Miley, Browning, or Magna Carta

Lindy is the best at the pooch punt, fuck it, just play him
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I love how after one game of him bring hurt, doogs are talking about how much better we? would be if Browning was playing. It's amazing how fast they forget how fucking terrible he's been. News flash: all our QBs blow. Jonathan Smith is probably the best QB in the program. Think about that. Fuck.

Flagged for forgetting about Marvin Hall. Otherwise, totally agree.

I thought KJCS looked fine for his first start against a top-10 team on the road with a fucktarded OC who doesn't do anything to help him. In fact, I think KJCS looked a little bit better overall than Brownshorts did.

His scramble for the TD was probably one of the better plays at QB this year and when he was given plays that weren't completely fucking ridiculous to run, so he could get in a rhythm, he did okay.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Flagged for forgetting about Marvin Hall. Otherwise, totally agree.

I thought KJCS looked fine for his first start against a top-10 team on the road with a fucktarded OC who doesn't do anything to help him. In fact, I think KJCS looked a little bit better overall than Brownshorts did.

His scramble for the TD was probably one of the better plays at QB this year and when he was given plays that weren't completely fucking ridiculous to run, so he could get in a rhythm, he did okay.
    KJ had one decent drive. Other than that, he was dreck. You're probably right about Hall. Hopefully he'll get his chance soon.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    For the record, I'm still as high on Browning's long-term prospects as I've ever been. Kid has titanic upside. I see All-P12, maybe All-America honors for him down the road. Would have been especially great to see him in purple* as a 5th-year senior in 2019.
    Houhusky said:

There is minimal, if any difference, between Miley, Browning, or Magna Carta

If true, at least in 2015, then it's game-set-match on the whither redshirt debate.

Throwing a kid out there before he's ready, before his body is sufficiently hardened against injury, and before he's appreciably better than the shitty veterans around him, is *still* just fool's gold. Same as it ever was. You're just flushing his fifth year down the toilet for literally nothing.

Oh, except for the vaporous speculation he may somehow be better in 2016 for having gotten pummeled in 2015. Fuck off.

* Or whatever the fuck we (we?) are wearing in 2019.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    You are assuming the next staff can develop him, cause he'll probably be a senior with a fucked up shoulder when that happens.

Remember too that if they hadn't run him off Troy Smith should have been starting this game.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TTJ said:

For the record, I'm still as high on Browning's long-term prospects as I've ever been. Kid has titanic upside. I see All-P12, maybe All-America honors for him down the road. Would have been especially great to see him in purple* as a 5th-year senior in 2019.

Based on what? His supposed 'elite' skillset is his maturity and ability to read progressions. The shit that separates freshmen from seniors. He doesn't have a big arm, he's not fast, and he shits the bed with any sort of pass rush.

His ceiling is probably as a pretty good game manager that can win a lot of games for you with a good defense and a solid running game. What about his game says potential All American? Wtf?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

Based on what? His supposed 'elite' skillset is his maturity and ability to read progressions. The shit that separates freshmen from seniors. He doesn't have a big arm, he's not fast, and he shits the bed with any sort of pass rush.

His ceiling is probably as a pretty good game manager that can win a lot of games for you with a good defense and a solid running game. What about his game says potential All American? Wtf?

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

You are assuming the next staff can develop him, cause he'll probably be a senior with a fucked up shoulder when that happens.

Remember too that if they hadn't run him off Troy Smith should have been starting this game.

Troy Williams was a Sark guy. He had one foot out the door as soon as Sark left. He left on his own accord. Was not run off.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Fuck all of you.

My money is on Tony Rodriguez.